Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Blind War

Early on $109 NL on Party, I open limp w/ T1k at 10/15 in the SB w/ JTo and the BB checks. 30 in there.

The flop is T83 rainbow and I bet 20 fully expecting this to be quick. The BB raises to 40 and I reraise to 150 and he calls. The turn is an offsuit 5 (T83) and I bet 250 into the now 320 pot and he calls again. The river is an Ace and I check and call 125. How'd I do?

I had no read seeing as though we just started.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Blind War

reraising flop just folds out all worse hands and gets called by better ones. I think this hand isnt worth 50% of your stack here. I probably call the flop raise, and check raise turn if I think im ahead, call down if bets are moderate, or fold to a large bet on the turn unimproved.
Old 02-25-2005, 05:44 PM

Blinds are tiny and not worth fighting over. Villian min raises your bet on the flop which sometimes means that villain has top pair weak kicker. I call the min raise and try to get to the river for cheap and fold to any real bet. If I fold the better hand to a bluff it's no big deal because I've got little invested in the pot.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:16 PM

Im not a huge fan of building a hand with a marginal hand like tpgk...also a miniraise here I dont believe is a sign of weakness. Call his raise and see another card and check.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:54 PM

Some of these guys will call anything hoping that an A hits the board. Can't tell you how many hands I've had to lay down after trying to push a caller out with big bets--A on turn or river.

On the other hand, just this morning I had a situation where I had pocket JJ, the flop was all unders with a flush draw. I kept hammering on one caller. An A hit on the river. I checked, she made a huge bet. I thought for a moment--felt more like a flush chaser than an Acer. Called. A busted flush draw bluff.

Sometimes you just know....

And sometimes you just know you're beat....

I don't fight over two many pots early on, unless I'm pretty I'm sure I have 'em. I like to see who I'm playing with before getting mixed up in big pots.