Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Trying to Build my Bankroll...Critique My Plan...

Ok, here's my situation. I have been playing SNG's for the past couple months and have been somewhat successful. I had my bankroll up to 1700 bucks (playing the 11's and 22's)before I got stupid and played in a few 215 sit n go's (trying to build it quick) and lost all of my money except for 200 bucks. I was planning on getting my bankroll back up by playing at the tens, but I was on such tilt that I lost the 200 bucks at that level! (coupled with some bad variance). This however may be a blessing in disguise in that it was only 1700, and if it had not happened then, I might have gotten up a lot more and made that same mistake. It hopefully will force me to value my roll and play a lot smarter in the future.

Anyway, I am planning on re-depositing 200 bucks on party on January 1st and slowly working my way up to 1000 by playing then 11 dollar buyins (20-25 tourneys per day on average). At that point I will move over to the 22's and try to get up to 4,000 (same amount of tourney's per day as the 11's). At 4,000 my plan is to 2-3 table the 1-2 NL game short handed game...which I have been working on religiously through poker academy software and reading Ciaffone's No-Limit book and TOP. Hopefully I will eventually get to 10,000 and then can (with much humility and practice), be able to move to the 3-6 NL game.

My New's Years Resolution (if you want to call it that, although it's more like a goal) is to reach 20k by year's end and be able to (again, after careful consideration and practice, mostly likely 1 tabling at first) play the 5-10 NL 6-max ring game comfortably.

I guess I am posting this to see what everyone thinks of this goal, if they believe it to be attainable, and to see if anyone has any suggestions regarding a faster way or a different way they did it. Winning a big MTT would be easier, but I don't like taking that longshot chance, and I'd be afraid I wouldn't value the money enough. I know, the old saying, "there is no easy road to success", and I don't expect it to be easy nor do I want it to be. I believe the hardest part will be starting off right, and hopefully I can get a few things going on the right track at the start at the 11's and just take it one day at a time. Thanks for reading and any feedback (positive or negative) would be helpful, just so long as it's constructive. Happy Holidays...

Ivey