Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 01:23 PM

Default MTT Multitabling Question

First off, a little background. I've had some pretty good success in online MTTs by just about any standards. However, as of late I flat cannot beat the game. While I play, I'm usually playing between 4 and 8 tables, with say a few MTTs and some 15/30 or 30/60 or whatever.

On to the question. When you all who are having continued success in online MTTs are playing, do you usually have a bunch of games going? Do you have somewhat specific player reads? Are you solely playing and paying attention to a few MTTs that you are playing? I think this may be my problem as of late. I'll have virtually no reads and no feeling for how the table is flowing.

Sorry for the rambling. Seeing guys like Gavin having all this success and struggling so badly myself after having good results in the past, I'm just trying to bounce some ideas out there to try and improve.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: MTT Multitabling Question

bump because I'm really hoping for some input on this topic
Old 05-09-2005, 08:50 PM

I try to limit my ring play during it. Using playerview helps as well, but mostly I try to only play 2-3 big tourns at once, so I can concentrate on all of them.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:36 PM

I generally try to stay away from everything but the couple of tournaments I'm playing at the time for a couple reasons. First, I don't want bad beats from the cash game to affect my play in the tournament. Second, I like to be able to concentrate on whatever tournaments I'm playing in because they're generally worth more than the amount of money I'm going to win in the cash games.

Gavin