Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-11-2005, 02:22 AM

Default How was this played?

Hey guys,
This is my first time actually posting here. I've been reading the posts on this site for a few days now and had a question about this hand and wondering how I played it. I apologize in advance if this post comes out a little wierd, im new to this converter. I cant seem to get the turn and river bets to show up using the converter. I just copied my hand history directly into the converter and for some reason it just spews out everything up to the turn. Can anyone give me a little advice on how to correct this? Well back onto the hand. The villain here is a pretty loose aggressive player. On the turn I bet 35 and he went all in. Is this an obvious call as Im pretty committed? And how is my turn bet?
Any feedback would be great. thanks.
Sam

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($102.75)
UTG ($64.10)
MP ($150.30)
CO ($25.08)
Hero ($107.72)
SB ($99)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls $4, MP calls $4.

Flop: ($16.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, UTG folds, MP calls $12.

Turn: ($56.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($56.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $56.50
Old 12-11-2005, 03:08 AM

Default Re: How was this played?

Your turn bet is fine.
About his raise &amp; your call: He should assume that you have an A with a good kicker.If he calls,the pot will be about $125 &amp; he will have about $85 left.It seems that if he had an 8 in his hand,he would not want to lose you &amp; would want to raise less.I would call.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:31 AM

well played up til flop. On the turn bet is okay but now you are facing a tough decision.. I'd fold here.

turn, you have to know your opponent..

against bad/passive players, it's correct to bet, but against good players, they will either fold or put to to a decision by pushing.

I like to check often against aggresive players because draws only have 20% equity on blank turn, and aggresive players often bluff missed river and you can simply call..and bet if they check to you on blank. I think checking makes it really hard for you to misplay your hand, while doing the opposite for villain.

welcome to 2+2
Old 12-11-2005, 03:54 AM

What line do I take if I check the turn and he makes a pot sized bet? Just call and check/call the river too?
Sam
Old 12-11-2005, 04:33 AM

What? He's UTG &amp; you're the button,right?
Old 12-11-2005, 04:58 AM

He's MP and Im UTG.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:59 AM

Correction: Im button and hes MP. sorry about that
Old 12-11-2005, 12:32 PM

so you are in position.. on river blank you simply call if he fires out a PSB because you induced him to bluff by checking turn. if a flush card comes, I think I'd fold to the bet. if checked to on a blank river, you can probably valuebet as worse Ax will call you
Old 12-11-2005, 04:02 PM

I completely disagree with All-in Sushi . . . you're in position, why give him a free card if he IS on a draw?