Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-05-2005, 07:21 PM

Default Re: KK - free showdown with A on board?

I think a raise on the flop here is the best play. What are the likely hands your opponent is on?

A-rag: In this case, he will call your flop raise, check/call your turn bet, and check allowing you to check for a free showdown. You lose out on 2 Big Bets.

Two pair or a strong ace: In this case he will reraise you on the flop, which you can safely fold. You lose out on 1 Big Bet.

Check/Calling will lose 2.5 Big Bets if he has the A.

If you have the bettor beaten at the time (he is on a draw or has middle pair), you may win the pot right there or you may get some more bets out of him on the flop and turn. Does anyone disagree with this?
Old 12-05-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a raise on the flop here is the best play. What are the likely hands your opponent is on?

A-rag: In this case, he will call your flop raise, check/call your turn bet, and check allowing you to check for a free showdown. You lose out on 2 Big Bets.

Two pair or a strong ace: In this case he will reraise you on the flop, which you can safely fold. You lose out on 1 Big Bet.

If you have the bettor beaten at the time (he is on a draw or has middle pair), you may win the pot right there or you may get some more bets out of him on the flop and turn. Does anyone disagree with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, a lot of hands that donk bet here that you beat are little PP or even undercards UI, ie hands you are way ahead of and would love to allow to keep betting. Also, aggressive opponents may well 3-bet a draw here, so I am not overly eager to fold. I'd rather get to showdown relatively cheaply, calling when he bets, betting when he checks. If you didn't pick up the flush draw and you knew the player loved to bet draws, you might raise the turn and check the river, hoping he's on a straight/flush draw, but as a default I usually just call and bet when checked to.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How did you get so many posts and yet you still post 4 hands at 1/2 in SS?

[/ QUOTE ]

I still have a lot to learn, I guess. Also, I accumulated most of these posts in the psych and theory forums. I didn't really play a lot online before, and I just got both PP and PT, so I'm getting through a ton of hands now, leaving me with a lot of questions. If I have a bunch of questions from a single session, what would be the best way for me to get feedback from the forum?
Old 12-05-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You left out the following senarios:

Senario C: He's bluffing his mid-PP/crap hand: You blow him out of the pot on the flop or turn and only win 1BB.

Senario D: He 3-bets the flop with pair+flush draw or pair+straight draw or staight and flush draw or stone-cold bluff. You fold the turn and lose like 9 BB.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:02 PM

I suggest that you read all of the other hands in the forum and you will learn alot from them, many of the same theories you learn can be applied to your own hands. Then you don't have to post as many of your own hands at once. If you have a bunch of hands, try and at least space them out, but I suggest reading and replying to alot more hands than you post, you will profit more. I think the micro forum would be a good fit for you. Good luck.