Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: A Hand

The FSD play is best used when you will oftentimes have a big hand in that same spot. The only 2 hands that I can see calling the flop/raising turn with are things like Kx and the nut flush draw. You have to be able to have some hands that will make the villian pay for 3-betting us lite. If he knows that we are weak when we make this play, it becomes very easy for us to get run over. If I were the villian, I would 3-bet something like 55 and a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] everytime you raise. You fold your top pair hand that I want you to and I get value if you are just raising with a draw.

So what other hands will you raise the turn with here? If you can't think of anything willing to cap it up, I see no point in raising the turn. In essense, this is a very poor raise since it just sets him up to outplay you. Obviously this assumes that he knows you and you know him, but that seems to be the case here.