Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2004, 06:47 AM

Default SNG Strategy

Guys - I am new to this forum but loving it already. Actually used the strategy you guys have all been going on about last night on pokerroom. And - for 45 minutes i was cursing it as i was getting no hands and was folding my A3 suited, Q8 suited and 89unsuited. Had 3 hands in that time, AK,AQ,55 all of which i raised with but missed my flops. I was continually the short stack all the way thro and finally with 5 left i had KK followed by QQ which i doubled up on both times. three hands later and maybe wrongly i got AJ suited on the button. I raised, got re-raised and decided to re-re-raise all in hoping he would fold. He didn't and produced 55 but luckily i caught an A on the river and was now chip leader.
Went super-tight on the bubble and next thing i am heads up. At that point anything can happen and i walked into him having AA in the whole and that was the end of it.

So the strategy held up i made $19 profit on a 10+1. But my qustion is, what would have happened if i hadn't hit those KK and QQ. I was a bit lucky to get them there.

Also - everyone here talks about FAQ's for SNG's. Where can i find these?