Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2005, 04:41 PM

Default STTF-HUC Side Bets

My original thought for this was to have the site work like a sports book where people could open an account with me and then they could place bets up to the ammount of money they have in their accounts. However, after much thought I decided that handling that much money could just turn into a recipe for disaster for me.

So I've just decided to do things this way:

I'm not going to handle any of the money, or be responsible for any of the bets. You can just go to the site and propose a bet for however much you want on whatever you want. When you do so, a proposition for that will appear on the site for all to see. If someone sees it and wants the other side, they can bet against you and it will show up in in your bets. Once this happens, the two of you are responsilbe for working out the payments. In some cases, I might be willing escrow the money for you (for a small vig of course). In general however, there will be no vig, but if any of you make it big and want to send me a small token of your appreciation, that's cool with me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've only got a few things left to do before I let the side go live.

First, I'm trying to decide whether I should allow anybody to creat new categories and questions. Right now, I'm the only one who can do it. I'm worried that if I let anybody do it, the site will just become cluttered.

Second, I need someone to give me good O/U win totals for everybody in the tournament. I honestly don't know how good some of these people are, so someone with a bit better knowledge of the players might want to help me with this one.

Right now I have the site divided into four categories:

First Round Matchups
To Win The Tournament
Totals
Misc.

I need people to come up with more good bets and possibly good categories for me to put up. In particular, intesting prop bets would make a good addition to the site.

--GH