Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-29-2005, 04:32 AM

Default 10/20 TT Calldown

This is my 3rd hand at the table. The first hand I folded my BB, the second hand I raised from the SB with AJo, flopped a J, the flop was capped and I lost to JT who rivered a T and called my bet. So, that's my image.

CO is 18.7/11/1.79 over 2700 hands.

Party Poker 10/20 Full

Preflop: Folded to CO who raises, I 3-bet T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], blinds fold, CO caps it, I call.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
CO bets, I call.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
CO bets, I call.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
CO bets

Should I raise anywhere? Should I fold now?
Old 12-29-2005, 04:38 AM

Default Re: 10/20 TT Calldown

I'd call, I wouldn't expect to win often, but if your folding the place to do it was the turn. That's also the place to raise I think if your going to anywhere but I wouldn't.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-29-2005, 04:39 AM

Hello Shant,

I would not fold. I would consider putting in a raise before the river. I am not sure why you did not. It seems like the CO will have a decently wide enough range that you can put in more bets than you did postflop.

Incidentally,

Pliioop
Old 12-29-2005, 04:48 AM

I think his capping range likely widens a bit given it is a Co/Bt battle therefore I want to put in a raise somewhere. I typically pop this flop, but not sure I like this best as I also want to get to SD so the best place to pop is the turn. I think we can safely fold to a 3bet there and I'd likely check behind to an A or K river and maybe other rivers as well.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:24 AM

Shant, I thought you played this hand really well. Any time you 3 bet preflop with a hand like TT and a solid player caps you out of position and you get a nice flop(no ace or King), I think the best line is to just call down unless an Ace or King hits. I think raising on any street will just cost you more money in the long run than all the possible money you can make from this play when you happen to have the best hand.
Now on the interesting part of your hand...The river. There are two things that are horrible about this river.
1) The obvious, AK just got there, the one hand you were hoping the villain had.
2) The villain bet this river.

You are getting 8.75-1 to call here, and the question you must ask yourself before you put more money in the middle is what is the likely range of the vaillin? Is it the typical JJ-AA,AK range. (This is the range I usually put a solid player on when he opens from the CO and I 3 bet him on the button, and he caps). If so then fold. But if you think the villain is capable of capping OOP with AQ or 99 or some other BS than you have the odds to call.

I personally would probably fold to this bad river card, as I think given the villain's stats, I dont see him as the type of guy that would cap AQ or 99 OOP, and given his low postflop aggression I also think he may check this river if he didnt like this card.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:26 AM

I feel you MUST raise either F or T. I think you have the best hand here VERY often. (It depends upon how aggressive your opponent is). Dont know where it's best raised though... On river I'd check behind for an A and probably for a K aswell, and for a 5. Not for any other card.
(So I have a question, 18.7/11/1.79??? Is that VPIP/PFR/TOTAL AGGRESSION?)
Old 12-29-2005, 05:26 AM

in a CO vs button situation wes, i think even this player is capping AQ/99 with some regularity.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:28 AM

If we raise this turn, can we fold to a 3-bet? I think the times we're raised off the best hand by a 3-bet are pretty small, so it's probably correct. It would be nice if AK doesn't want to call down our turn raise. Free showdown if he calls the rizzle.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:38 AM

Calling down with TT is a bad play because you are not giving AK a chance to fold. If he spikes an A or K on the river like this hand, you will lose. I think you must get a raise in on the flop or turn. Personally, I would raise the flop and call a 3-bet. If Villian calls my raise on the flop, I will bet when checked to on the turn. If Villian 3-bets my raise on the flop, I will raise his bet again on the turn and fold to a 3-bet. If he just calls my raise, I will check behind on the river.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
in a CO vs button situation wes, i think even this player is capping AQ/99 with some regularity.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is what you think, then calling the river is certainly correct. I still think calling down is the best line for the hero postflop. My perception is that most solid players will not cap with AQ or 99 OOP even in a CO vs Button situation. Which is why I said I would fold the river. My view of this situation can certainly be misguided, but thats the framework I am working with here. Against many other opponents this would be an easy river call, but against this guy I would fold the river. I am interested in what others may see as the "typical range" of a solid player who caps out of position in this steal/resteal situation.