Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-12-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Playing on-line poker underage (17)

Im 17, started playing poker at 15, am up $2000, and just got an email saying i must provide correct details (address etc.) after they did a random security check.

I have just made a withdrawal, will I get that (can they legally keep my money from me - im 17).

Flame me if you like [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

*edit* of course i am actually 18 for this forum....
Old 12-12-2005, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Playing on-line poker underage (17)

First... [ QUOTE ]
Im 17, started playing poker at 15,

[/ QUOTE ] ...I have no problem with that if you can control it.
Second...
[ QUOTE ]
I have just made a withdrawal, will I get that (can they legally keep my money from me - im 17).

[/ QUOTE ]
...They can do what they want! No regards what so ever. And if you break their rules they can do whatEVER they want - keeping your money is a possibility!
Hope you get your money anyway.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:09 PM

ok, i realise that they can do whatever they want. But what is the probability of them allowing my withdrawal to go through? Its prima btw.

thanks for the help!
Old 12-12-2005, 02:14 PM

BTW - they did not expicitly state that I was underage, they simply said that my details did not match my credit card details!
Old 12-12-2005, 02:14 PM

if they confirm you are underage, yes they can take your money. but i dont think they will. your money will be safe, even though you deserve to lose it. I sincerely hope you actually do lose your money too. little kids shouldnt be playing poker
Old 12-12-2005, 02:15 PM

So if I understand you correctly, you were asked to provide further verification for your identity and THEN cashed out? If so, you might get your money if you're lucky and one department isn't really paying attention to what other departments are doing. [edit: Prima? Lol, I've never had more trouble financially with any other network and I'm legit]

I don't know about the laws of every country but if you're in the U.S. there is no "legally" when it comes to technically illegal online poker and no reasonable way to force an overseas company to pay out when they screw you over even when you ARE of legal age according to their terms. You apparently aren't and are most likely screwed. When I inadvertantly signed up for a no-Americans site [a Prima site](and I'm well over legal age, sigh...) they just refunded me my original deposit (and according to their terms they didn't have to).

Honestly, they screwed up by letting you get past their system so they should refund your original deposit but if you can't even demonstrate that your funding source is legitimate, who knows what they'll do. You're the kind of player that makes the poker sites and the rest of us real nervous.

Some times sites have been shamed into doing the right thing towards their customers when they catch a lot of flack in busy forums like this one but you're exactly the kind of person the people interested in killing online poker use as a poster boy.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if they confirm you are underage, yes they can take your money. but i dont think they will. your money will be safe, even though you deserve to lose it. I sincerely hope you actually do lose your money too. little kids shouldnt be playing poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because I am a few months under the "legal age limit" means that I am all of a sudden a "little kid"?? I don't agree with that. I have more money sense that most 18yr olds, I am intellegent (AAA A-levels). Back up your arguments please.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So if I understand you correctly, you were asked to provide further verification for your identity and THEN cashed out? If so, you might get your money if you're lucky and one department isn't really paying attention to what other departments are doing.

I don't know about the laws of every country but if you're in the U.S. there is no "legally" when it comes to technically illegal online poker and no reasonable way to force an overseas company to pay out when they screw you over even when you ARE of legal age according to their terms. You apparently aren't and are most likely screwed. When I inadvertantly signed up for a no-Americans site (and I'm well over legal age, sigh...) they just refunded me my original deposit (and according to their terms they didn't have to).

Honestly, they screwed up by letting you get past their system so they should refund your original deposit but if you can't even demonstrate that your funding source is legitimate, who knows what they'll do. You're the kind of player that makes the poker sites and the rest of us real nervous.

Some times sites have been shamed into doing the right thing towards their customers when they catch a lot of flack in busy forums like this one but you're exactly the kind of person the people interested in killing online poker use as a poster boy.

[/ QUOTE ]#

I agree completely. I am not proud of having been addicted to poker at such a young age. I would be more than happy to have my last cash out, and then say adios. I can't believe that nothing has been done to stop people like me for the last 3 years!! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I am in the UK btw.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. He's 17. That's only two years younger than me. And I am certainly not a "little kid." If he's a little kid, you must be around 80 or so, right? Well old geezers shouldn't be playing poker either, they call down too much with bad hands and poop their pants all the time. So get bent, geezer.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:22 PM

The short answer is there is no way to force these sites to do anything. They are outside the jurisdictions of most countries and it would cost far more than $2000 to force them to pay out. If you used financial information from a legitimate person, you'll want to get them involved quickly.

[edit] I know some sites are licensed, certified, (or something like that) within the EU but I have no idea about UK laws so I'll have to take a pass from here.