Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 04-01-2002, 12:06 PM

Default news flash

the bellagio has just instituted a new system for time away from the table. the livelier you are the more time you get away. up to as much as three hours. you are awarded different colored buttons for how often you enter the pots. gold being the highest and allows three hours of lobby time. those that play very tight only can get fifteen mintutes. finally a fair system dont you think.

also as of today california will play all holdem games with an extra round of betting to stimulate the action as well as increasing the blinds 25%.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:56 PM

Default Re: news flash

Yeah, I heard that too. And if you're a real rock you have to get permission to go to the bathroom.

And I also hear that on Paradise, starting today, anyone who spikes their one-outer on the river will have _SUCKOUT appended to their handle for the following 24 hours.
Old 04-01-2002, 12:58 PM

Hmm, I hear the Commerce is eliminating the river card in all hold 'em games, due to too many players complaining about "getting rivered"...Gotta give 'em what they want!

6 card hold 'em? An idea who's time has arrived!
Old 04-01-2002, 01:03 PM

Ray,

It would be even fairer if guys like you only got five minutes.

Regards,

Rick
Old 04-01-2002, 02:57 PM

also as of today california will play all holdem games with an extra round of bet

This is important: is the extra round before or after the declare?
Old 04-01-2002, 03:15 PM

The extra betting round, the ocean, follows the river. A player with a set cracked by runner-runner-runner clubs will have been "oceaned". In some CA cardrooms, if you miss a draw on the ocean, you can "chance it" for one more card. If you miss that, you go back to the begining.
Old 04-01-2002, 04:24 PM

i just called the bellagio poker room and trouble has already started with exchanging buttons for money and various other services so people can take longer breaks. they had no choice but to turn the high limit area into a makeshift branding/tatooing area as to label players more accurately (forehead area of course), they have posted a warning about choosing your style of play carefully because no changes will be allowed from this day forward. ray thanks for the heads up on this one, i am thinking of getting my own tatoo/brand ahead of time for artistic reasons.
Old 04-01-2002, 05:28 PM

Default Ray, do the gold buttons say \"Super-Fish\"? *NM*

Old 04-01-2002, 05:42 PM

Maybe i can start up a game in the coffee shop with all the gold buttons while there on there 3 hour lunch break. It will be like a home game. Maybe i'll charge a $10 rake to give them absolutely no shot of getting the money. I'm sure the gold buttons don't notice how much is being raked. I can pull this off!

I wonder if the color rankings will cause emotional outbursts? No, No, not the gold button!(crying hysterically).
Old 04-01-2002, 07:06 PM

I got it. Must make for some interesting bad beat stories in Oceanside's Oceans 11.