Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-20-2005, 09:29 AM

Default OT: Maybe it\'s all Just Luck

Planning to get pretty badly burned from the Flames [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img](and I deserve it)...But having just gone thru a (+)70 buyin upswing & a (-) 40 buyin downswing; my question is: "Is it all just Luck?" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 09:31 AM

Default Re: OT: Maybe it\'s all Just Luck

A little bit of weed and a whole lotta luck...that's how this nigga pay the bills ya heard
Old 12-20-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Planning to get pretty badly burned from the Flames [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img](and I deserve it)...But having just gone thru a (+)70 buyin upswing & a (-) 40 buyin downswing; my question is: "Is it all just Luck?" [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain what a +70 buy-in upswing is? Is that total profit - money invested * ROI? And there's a lot of luck ofcourse. I've started using SNG Tracker again so I don't have to put in all the results myself, and now I'm going to try to only look at them once a week. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain what a +70 buy-in upswing is? Is that total profit - money invested * ROI? And there's a lot of luck ofcourse. I've started using SNG Tracker again so I don't have to put in all the results myself, and now I'm going to try to only look at them once a week. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I play $109's...70 "buyins" = $7,000
Old 12-20-2005, 10:25 AM

Just don't give me your bad luck, I don't want it.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:35 AM

It'll be luck if SFB has anything left to leave under the mrs. skipper's (or mermaid's) tree by xmas.
Merry Christmas [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 10:49 AM

yea, its all just luck

dont be silly
Old 12-20-2005, 10:52 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying that YOU are up 30 buy-ins? Well, then yeah, it's all luck.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:42 PM

My roomate tells me everyday its all luck cause he consistently loses money with a good day here and there. He wont listen to me and try to get better at all. So you could call it all luck if your not good at poker.