Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Beta Party

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
I've been using the Beta version for multitabling for a week or so and it sometimes shuts down for no reason and then when I log back in, my hand is folded. Has this happened to anyone else? It cost me around 80 bucks last night because it made me fold my nutflush draw on the turn after I capped it on the flop.... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2005, 01:03 AM

Default Re: Beta Party

It's a beta ... its going to have bugs.

You're crazy for playing cash games at any reasonable stakes with it.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:06 AM

beta means don't put money on the line, like ever. agree with last guy, you are crazy for using it if what happened to you actually matters.

i mean it's bad enough to trust party in the first place, but when they actually tell you it isn't ready you really know it isn't.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:12 AM

Default I can\'t Believe it!

3-6 is pretty small...when therre are 100-200 games

I just got off the phone with Party and after giving them the hand# and all the info, they actually credited me the entire pot! I was pessimistic about even getting just my original investment back.....so I am thrilled they were being so fair! Great customer service. They did however say they were going to investigate to see if others were having the same problem with the beta. I wonder if they will take away my pot again if no one else was having the same problem.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:15 AM

really? does everyone else agree with that? Is everyone else who got the Beta only playing for play money? I find that hard to believe.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:54 AM

well obviously you shouldnt be playing big money games with beta. however.. i have been 10 tabling the 55's with the beta and all is good. i have had 0 problems with it and will keep using it. i also was multitabling 6 max 200/400nl with it and again had no problems. maybe you are bad luck?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:33 AM

I emailed Party to ask them when the true version might become available and to inform them of the crashing problems.

They sent me back an email saying they were happy to hear I am looking forward to the real version and that if they continue to receive positive feedback they will eventually release it. So everyone should email them!!

As to the crashing, they reccommended not using beta if it is crashing, which makes good sense.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:20 AM

The Party Poker Beta never crashes for me, it is even better than sweet sweet pussy... Well, maybe not better.

But its pretty darn great. I trust it as much as I do the normal Party software.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:23 AM

It crashes for me about every 30 mins... dell inspiron 6000...
Old 12-12-2005, 06:59 AM

Crashed for me when I went up to 8 tables. Right in the middle of 3 playable hands with reasonable pots. I lost it all.

Only playing $1/2 then but I won't be using it again until it's stable. The overlap continues...