Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-06-2005, 06:39 PM

Default 3-bet or just call?

Only read on this guy is that he open-limped with AQ in the CO once, and just called me down on a KQxxx board.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.33 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

River: (3.16 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero...
Old 12-06-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: 3-bet or just call?

Call, looks like the freecard play on a flush draw so call it.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:46 PM

It really does look like he had the same (but bigger) draw than you, doesn't it?

I guess another possibility is that the 6 on the turn helped him enough that he decided to slowplay. If so, that apparently means he turned some ragged two pair or that he now has quads.

He also could be bluff-raising the river, but in any event, I think I like just calling here. I mean, I suppose trips is possible with . . . with what? It's hard to see.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:48 PM

You'll get called by trips and win 1BB.

Capped by FH, Ace high flush and lose 1 - 2BB(Depending on if you call a cap after 3betting ... you kind of have to..?)

So call [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You'll get called by trips and win 1BB.

Capped by FH, Ace high flush and lose 1 - 2BB(Depending on if you call a cap after 3betting ... you kind of have to..?)

So call [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with all this except the top line. Well, I mean I agree I'll get called by trips, but I can't for the life of me put him on a 6. He raised the flop and checked the turn when the 6 came. Either he did the free card play with a flush draw, or had a set and boated up, or he's completely FOS. I'd think if he raised with one pair and hit the 6 for 2 pair, he'd bet the turn too.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I mean I agree I'll get called by trips, but I can't for the life of me put him on a 6. He raised the flop and checked the turn when the 6 came. Either he did the free card play with a flush draw, or had a set and boated up, or he's completely FOS. I'd think if he raised with one pair and hit the 6 for 2 pair, he'd bet the turn too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your analysis here is fine. Why on earth would you think you should reraise the river? You just explained every reason not to.

Edit: was it because you won the hand and wanted more money? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: was it because you won the hand and wanted more money? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
A flush wins around 83% of the time so its a resonable assumption. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2005, 07:13 PM

hmmmm, if he had a set on the turn, he'd be betting it there. his line is rather odd, cause if we three bet and get capped, we certainly can't like that and have to call anyway. I think that I may puss out and just call the raise
Old 12-06-2005, 07:14 PM

yeah, you've answer you're own question mate.
As i said in first response, it looks like a free card play (And FD is the most obvious draw).
Old 12-06-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A flush wins around 83% of the time so its a resonable assumption. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
What is with the influx of these ridiculous equity assumptions? Put villian on a range that gives Hero the pot 83% of the time on the river and post it so I can laugh at you.