Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 06:53 AM

Default Re: 40-80 QJo bb

Hi mike, I'd think that a long stare at the flop would tend to be some kind of straight potential trying to figure out exactly what it is they hold. Something like T9 or KT or T7 or something like that.

When he donks the turn 8, that seems bad for you. It takes a special kind of player to be bad enough to be a donk but aggressively enough to fire a draw or something weak on the turn like this. I'd probably muck it right there in this small pot.

Having called and seen the river, I think there is enough confusion about their hands that QJ looks pretty good. I'd probably call a bet there, but overcall I'm not so sure. It certainly looks like you have the SB beat, but... well, I'm not sure. I certainly don't fault you for overcalling there.

good luck.
eric
Old 12-02-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i still dont think 40 is high stakes but whatever.

good live game i have QJo in the bb. a donk limps utg, sb who is uberdonked calls, i check.

the flop is AJ9. there's a long pause as they stare at the flop. sb checks, i bet, they both call.

the turn is an 8. sb bets, i call, utg calls.

the river is a 2. sb checks, i check with the intention of calling and even overcalling.

comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

why not pop the turn if you think you are ahead?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: result

[ QUOTE ]
showdown: youll all like this. utg tables KQo for nut nothing. i see it as KJ because my vision is bad and i supposedly dont have time to go to costco and spend $100 for an eye exam and glasses. i flash him my QJ but dont table it and laugh and say "that's good" and muck my winning hand just as i notice that in fact he has no pair. they push the pot to him and i say "oops."

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me laugh and cry at the same time. I had a bunch of people get pissed at me before I got my glasses thinking I was slow rolling them. I really was just squinting to try and see their hand before I tabled mine.

It is like the folks who save a few hunded bucks because they "can't afford" a good monitor and then multitable the 30/60. One mistake is all it takes.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:32 PM

you're winning on the river. i think betting here is a better play.

hahaha...i just looked at the result. now my line really rules becasue both fold and you have no chance to muck the winner.