Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 02:11 PM

Default One of those possible freeroll how many bet hands

I was starting to forget that I hated live play so I thought I'd remind myself by going to Pechanga. This table was playing passive for the most part, with really only one other guy raising preflop. People were playing straight-forward and it was so boring I wanted to die. Onto the hand!

Pechanga 8/16 w/ Kill (9 Handed - Kill is Off)

I have J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the SB. There's like 5 limpers to me and I complete because the BB won't raise KK preflop but will complain to me when he/she loses with them. BB checks.

Flop: 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (7 SB)

I check, BB checks everyone checks to some MP old asian lady who is very quiet and straight-forward and raises with the hand you think she'll be raising with. A bunch of ugly people fold and I call and only one other guy calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 BB)
I bet, moron folds, asian lady pops it. Someone I feel like punching next to me mentions it is HU and unlimited bets.

Should I 3-bet? Should I 5-bet? Should I just call down? Against true Pechanga player form this lady has enough bets where I should worry about it.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: One of those possible freeroll how many bet hands

How many bets do you think this Lady will go without AJ? I would prob 3-bet and call a 4-bet and pray for a river [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many bets do you think this Lady will go without AJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like the only way to answer this.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many bets do you think this Lady will go without AJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like the only way to answer this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think she'd 4-bet just a J because live players flop straights and check-call down because you could've had a flush.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:47 PM

And you think the same player will go a lot of bets with a J and a freeroll, even though you might have AJ and she should be scared?

I'm feeling like I don't like a lot of bets if I'm understanding what you're saying.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:48 PM

Yeah, so is 3-betting right? I'm already convinced any more than that is stupid.

Edit: I should add I mostly made this post to berate live players but I'm wondering about the 3-bet.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:52 PM

given that you describe this old lady as being very straight forward than I think it is a ton more likely that she bet the flop with pair+J rather than AJ. So because you are probably free rolling here I would 3-bet and call a 4-bet. The reason I don't think 5-betting is good is as you say these people will rarely go more than a couple of bets with a non-nut hand.

Anyway, the important point here is to focus on rivering a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2005, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
given that you describe this old lady as being very straight forward than I think it is a ton more likely that she bet the flop with pair+J rather than AJ. So because you are probably free rolling here I would 3-bet and call a 4-bet. The reason I don't think 5-betting is good is as you say these people will rarely go more than a couple of bets with a non-nut hand.

Anyway, the important point here is to focus on rivering a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree here. If the lady is passive predictable, I don't see her raising with AJ on the flop. More likely QJ. I could, however see A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], which would be worst case scenario. I think I three bet, call a 4-bet, and river a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

This post was very very entertaining. When you said you wanted to punch the guy next to you, I literally lauged outloud
Old 11-21-2005, 04:11 PM

She has KJ 100% of the time. She might have it in spades, might not. I'm not worried about AJ. I'd go 3-bets -- she won't go 4 because she doesn't have the nuts, which is AJ. She will just call your 3-bet. Passive old ladies never put in 4 bets on a street, sometimes even if they *have* the nuts.

So once she calls the 3-bet, see what the river is. If it's a spade, check-call because you're chopping or losing. If it's a club, bet -- she will just call because she doesn't have a flush. If you check she will check behind her straight because she doesn't have a flush. If the river is neither a club nor spade, it doesn't matter -- either check-call or bet and let her call. You're chopping 100% of the time in that scenario.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very important that you internalize this point.