Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 12:56 PM

Default Re: 77 Turn

I think you have to bet. Looks like Tag made a move on what is an auto bet coming for you but didn't realize how fishy the fish is.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:20 PM

This feels like a flush or straight draw from at least one of your opponents. I'd hate to give a free card here.

Another thought is what % of the time do you think the BB folds a weak queen here?

I like bet/fold on the turn with this being the last money you put into the pot.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:59 PM

Yeah, the call was read dependent. I thought the bad player would've donked me with top pair or a decent hand because he had been doing that a lot. I didn't think the TAG would try and shut out the bad player with a strong hand, so I put him on a 5 or a draw or air. I wanted to see the turn and the action there.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:01 PM

I definitely bet and definitely fold to any more bets.
Old 11-14-2005, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think the TAG would try and shut out the bad player with a strong hand,

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a side note, last night I saw a "TAG" check raise to shut out the field with a monster. Made no sense whatsoever.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:39 PM

Here's my dilema with the hand. I almost certainly put the TAG on a PP with a small chance at over-cards or a flush draw. He wanted to try to get it heads-up but isn't going to lead into 2 players again, one who called 2-cold, with a middle pair.

So, I think most of the time you are still way behind unless he is getting out of line.

In the heat of the game I might bet this again, but I would hope I would think about the above.

- Jim
Old 11-14-2005, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So, I think most of the time you are still way behind unless he is getting out of line.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think most of the time Hero is way behind, then you should be folding to the flop raise. Checking here is inconsistent with even seeing a turn. I think the flop call says, "I have the best hand and you check-raised me with a weak holding trying to get it heads up, so when you check to me on the turn again, I am going to value bet."

I definitely want to check the river, but not the turn. If I'm checking the turn after being checked to, I'm folding the flop.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:49 PM

I think one of the main reasons I bet this is because if I check behind here on the turn I feel very uncomfortable folding the river unimproved, as my turn check is inviting a bet from someone with almost anything, including 4s, 5s, 66, 33, and possibly even A high.

So I feel very much that I need to put in one more big bet on this hand. It seems quite clear to me that it is much better to do so on the turn than on the river (for protection, value against draws, limiting reverse implied odds, etc...).
Old 11-14-2005, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you think most of the time Hero is way behind, then you should be folding to the flop raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. Until the villain checks the turn, I think the chances of him having overcards or the flush draw are worthy. That hand changed with the turn check imo.

Also, there is a difference between being sure enough to put a value bet in and sure enough to call down.

- Jim
Old 11-14-2005, 04:53 PM

If you check the turn, you are definitely calling the river for one bet and not over-calling.

- Jim