Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-17-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: WWYD of you were running empire?

Offer a 2 million dollar tournament and advertise the [censored] out of it on TV. If you advertise it, fish will come. Maybe a total # of raked hands before Jan 31 or something.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:13 AM

File the biggest lawsuit in the history of the world against Party Gaming.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2. Empire has a substantial customer base and a strong affiliate network. Empire needs a quality software platform, a cashier system to call its own, and a tech/ops organization. There are a number of small or medium-sized sites that have the opposite strengths and weaknesses--a technically good product with not enough traffic. Empire need to combine with one of these sites and move its customer base. This combination could be either a merger or a business partnership.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the problem I see with this. I don't think Empire has a strong customer base or affiliate network. Before the split I didn't see loads of banner ads or commercials for Empire, but I saw them for Party. Most likely Empire just stole players from Party with rakeback, because if they were bringing in new players Party wouldn't have ditched them.

Consolidation of some of the small sites would be good, but anyone worth merging with is likely profitable with a stronger player base and brand. The other option would be to buy another poker room, but I don't think Empire is going to be able to come up with the cash.