Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Dont Understand \"The Village\"

[ QUOTE ]
i thought your new job was ridding the forum of dumb asses.

or this is very clever sarcasm?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah ban this troll. Check out his other posts.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Are you kidding? NFW!!! I'm tempted to start a new thread just get his interpretations of other movies.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah ban this troll. Check out his other posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I see the movie differently than you guys, geez. Im not trying to make anyone mad. Just had some questions about this movie and I am more confused now than when I started!

The movie was bad. I rented it off cable thinking it was gonna be some type of horror movie. They're all scared shitless, so I'm thinking cool. Then I see the monster when it stands in front of the blinds girls door, and it looks like a f_ckin giant porcupine. Kinda gay. Ok, I can deal with that, they're meant to be pretty nasty. And then we find out that the monster don't really exist at all? Glad that demented f*ck got his in the end, stabbing that paw dude and all. I was laughing when he was moaning at the bottom of that pit.

Ok. You're right. The retard was actually a werewolf, tight. The one in the shed was a dead werewolf that they found. The fence wasn't really a physical fence, it was a rip in the space time continuum. She traveled to the future to get future medicine to save Commodus. I changed my mind, this movie rules.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:36 AM

You know what this reminds me of?? Dreamcatcher or whatever. The baddie is just some feral giant alien worm.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok. You're right. The retard was actually a werewolf, tight. The one in the shed was a dead werewolf that they found. The fence wasn't really a physical fence, it was a rip in the space time continuum. She traveled to the future to get future medicine to save Commodus. I changed my mind, this movie rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The only question I think I have is did they know there was a rip in the space time continuum and that is why she was sent there. Or did they think she was going to London but killing the werewolf somehow opened up that rift? Like that was the werewolf's woods and if you kill it, you will go back in time or in the future when you attempt to leave the woods....
Old 10-11-2005, 04:48 AM

Well I think the werewolves were guarding the rift, and had been for a long time. They were put there to keep people from going back and forth through time all willy nilly. But the humans had killed all but one of them (that's what the guy was telling the blind girl in the shed). There was probably a big war between humans and werewolves and the villagers were the only survivers in the region. It just turned out that the last surviving guardian werewolf was the hamrless retard guy who was living with them (ooh the irony). So the blind girl outsmarted him and reopened the rift.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I watched that today and didnt really get what was going on? First I thought I got it, alright they are like some old time people that live out in the woods, they probably believe in Jehova or something. They probably got wind of

Jack the Ripper and decided to leave the city.
Then there are these big things with claws and Im like aw [censored], we got werewolves and [censored], tight. So Im following along and we get to when that dude shows his blind daughter the dead monsters hanging up in that room. Why were they hanging there and why did she have to see them? Was he trying to tell her he killed them all?

Then one of them attacked her but that retard was already in the hole and he fell on him? Or the retard was one, like he could morph into them and he was the bad monster this whole time? Its not adding up.

Then what the [censored] they got cars driving by? Im assuming that thing she climbed was some kind of zone that passed her into the future, but I dont get how that related to the rest of the movie. I dont know, maybe I missed something. Im already for her to go into London or whatever and got some medicine for old hairlip when she passes some time zone thing and goes into the future.

Was it because the monster died? I dont get how this movie makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is some funny [censored]
Old 10-11-2005, 04:53 AM

Skip,

These people were city dwellers in the 1800s. They did not react well to advances in technology and general societal progress and thus left the city and retreated to establish a dwelling in the forest. However, the forest was some sort of "wrinkle in time" and time inside of their forest was progressing at a far slower rate than the rest of the world. At the edges of this time vortex, everything was all f'd up and resulted in the creation of monsters and all sorts of weird random occurrences like morphing. Beyond the edge of the vortex forest, time progressed normally and society advanced, so outside the forest was pretty much modern day time. The interaction between when someone exited the vortex and went into the normal time continuum is likely going to be the basis of the sequel and will be a very interesting concept to explore.