Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 04:08 AM

Default Re: Dont Understand \"The Village\"

It was very simmiliar to The signs...tention builds up under the entire movie but nothing really happends.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Were you drunk or high? The thing hanging in the shack was a costume. The retard was wearing the costume when he went after the blind chick. The village was a group of people who were mad at society for various reasons so they went into a controlled wilderness to shun society and start their own hermit community. They used the monster costume to scare the young ones so they wouldn't try to leave the village. It all takes place present day in some forest property that one of the villagers owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont know dude. Is this like Mullholland Drive where everyone puts their own spin on it? Maybe that is how you interpreted stuff, but I dont think its really very clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very clear cut.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evidently its not because I didnt see it that way and other posters are agreeing with my interpretation.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow man first you are [censored]-ing up a very simple movie and now you are completely misreading posts. He is not agreeing with you Dynasty is saying that the movie would have possibly been better if it was as you said. Are you feeling alright because you are way way off here?
Old 10-11-2005, 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Evidently its not because I didnt see it that way and other posters are agreeing with my interpretation.

[/ QUOTE ]No they're not.

[/ QUOTE ]I haven't seen the movie, but I'd much rather see Skip's version.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:11 AM

If I am so wrong about everything then why did that guy skin those animals? How did that help anything?

lol who's agreeing with you? Either my sarcasm detector is broken or your must be high, the plot of the movie is not difficult to get. You can definitely have your own view on the underlying message Shyamalan is trying to get across, but as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter. This movie sucked a big one. There was a thread on it when it came out in which I gave a lengthy complaint about having wasted my time and money watching it. Next movie please.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]No they're not.

[/ QUOTE ]I haven't seen the movie, but I'd much rather see Skip's version.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have brain damage? Because i'm not sure if it's possible any other way.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol who's agreeing with you? Either my sarcasm detector is broken or your must be high, the plot of the movie is not difficult to get. You can definitely have your own view on the underlying message Shyamalan is trying to get across, but as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't matter. This movie sucked a big one. There was a thread on it when it came out in which I gave a lengthy complaint about having wasted my time and money watching it. Next movie please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look guys I think we will just have to agree to disagree. If that guy was the monster then why was he chasing his daughter? Why did he even let her leave the village, if he became the monster to keep people from leaving. Doesnt make sense.

And if she just like passed some freaking fence then why were they wearing 1800 clothes? They have big ass towers and fires at night and stuff but oh there is a fence so no one knows they are there? Except the monsters. Oh that is right there are no monsters. Even though they killed the little kid in the beginning, the retard, and chased the blind girl.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Look guys I think we will just have to agree to disagree. If that guy was the monster then why was he chasing his daughter? Why did he even let her leave the village, if he became the monster to keep people from leaving. Doesnt make sense.

And if she just like passed some freaking fence then why were they wearing 1800 clothes? They have big ass towers and fires at night and stuff but oh there is a fence so no one knows they are there? Except the monsters. Oh that is right there are no monsters. Even though they killed the little kid in the beginning, the retard, and chased the blind girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spaceman Bryce? is that you?
Old 10-11-2005, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So Im following along and we get to when that dude shows his blind daughter the dead monsters hanging up in that room. Why were they hanging there and why did she have to see them? Was he trying to tell her he killed them all?

[/ QUOTE ] LMAO
Old 10-11-2005, 04:30 AM

i thought your new job was ridding the forum of dumb asses.

or this is very clever sarcasm?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]