Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 04:11 AM

Default My daily mini-step performance

I'm going to let you guys in on it even if you dont care.

Today I started off at step 1 and won the tournament. In step 2 I got a 5th place finish, netting me another entry into step 2. 2nd time is a charm as I won the tournament, gaining entry into step 3. Step 3 was more of my maid hands getting paid and me drawing out on people as I finished 1st and look forward to squaring off onto a step 4 tommarow when I will be at the top of the game mentaly.

Check back!
Old 09-20-2005, 04:13 AM

Default Re: My daily mini-step performance

good luck!
Old 09-20-2005, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

From the sounds of it Ill be lucky to even be around when a step 4 or 5 starts [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].
Old 09-20-2005, 11:32 PM

Alright I roared into the step 4 and while 3-handed one guy had 1/2 a big blind left. Not to be phased he doubled up 4 times then I broke, getting a damn 3rd that was only good enough for another step 4 entry.

That tournament saw alot of cold cards and I eventually busted in 4th, again good enough for another step 4 entry.

There was lightning and thunder outside and I was afraid I'd lose internet connection. Plus for some reason I felt kind of tired and not really in my A game so I decided to just play a step 1. I do nothing until moving in with TT vs. 77 during 25/50 with a shoddy 500 chips to double up. Then I do some more of nothing until we are 6-handed at 50/100, I push from mp3 with AT and the bb has KK. Giving me a damn 4 dollars.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Step 3 was more of my maid hands

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to hear more about these!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2005, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 3 was more of my maid hands

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd like to hear more about these!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 09-21-2005, 12:26 AM

A couple months ago, I ran some simulations with mock finish distributions for the mini-steps. Even with very generous placing distributions, I found a good player could make about $4/hr buying in at mini-step 1s and exhausting through free-rolls.

My placing distributions could have been incorrect. I hope you do better than I could predict.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:17 AM

I entered that step 1 that I had 4 towards and won it, so I now have an entry into a step 2 and a step 4.

Also out of 8 tournaments entered so far I've finished first in 4. Hell of a starting run.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:13 AM

ugh, what a disheartening 3rd place. I hope you get it this time around...
Old 09-21-2005, 07:20 PM

Today I entered that step 4 I keep re-qualifying for and I was able to win it. At the final 3 one guy was a decent chipleader and kind of running over us, but my opponent for 2nd had about 1000 less than me. He wound up moving in from the button with JQ and I called from my BB with A7, thanksfully my hand held up.

I doubled up early with 99 from my bb, hitting a set and breaking A9. I kept on rolling until I think around bb 150 or 200 when I called an all-in with AJ and my opponent held AT, that set me up real nice.

I probably wont enter the step 5 today because my roomates band is playing later tonight, and even if I dont go there will be distractions of people coming over here and loud music and stuff. Im pretty surprised I already qualified for step 5. I figured I'd be dinking along in the steps for a long time but I've qualified in 7 tournaments.

Wish me luck!