Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting

Old 09-18-2005, 02:21 PM

Default At what point do the Vikes get back into this?

From my 3+1 picks....

"$100 Vikings

I cannot see how Minnesota can ever win this game. I think Cinci will be strong this year and the line seems ridiculous.

One thing I have learned is that when a line seems ridiculous to me , the bookies are stealing my money, so I'm going to fade myself and go with the Vikings to win this by 20. "

I'm a little worried that fading myself was an error. Did the odds compilers say at what point the Vikings intended to score their first points? [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 09-18-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: At what point do the Vikes get back into this?

Lorinda,

much respect to you as a poster and i personally love the "Table Coach" but betting on the vikes is like betting on Mike Tyson: Dont do it. There is nobody more demotivated than the boys up in Minnesota. They are finished for the season.

Indy
Old 09-18-2005, 02:31 PM

Thanks for the kind words about the table coach.

You are more than welcome to rip me to shreds in the sports forum (and any others, but your best shot is here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

What you say about the Vikings is how I already saw this game, I just thought the line was so ridiculous that I had to be wrong (Something that us barstool pundits get used to after a while). Unless the Vikings pull off some 2nd half miracle, I shall not be fading myself again this season, no matter how I feel.

Turned a "$400" winner into a "$100" loser. What an idiot [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Lori
Old 09-18-2005, 04:41 PM

lorinda,

yah nothing personal and i am not about to challenge u in a poker forum. vikings and packers are teams to stay away from....but keep ur eyes on the Colts unders this year. The public waaaaay overvalues their ability to put up points. As you saw, I predicted both the first and second half unders this week and made a small fortune. I also made 6K (american) on them last week.

Indy
Old 09-18-2005, 05:51 PM

I disagree about the bar stool pundits on this game. I usually use my brothers friends (college kids) as my barstool guide and they all though Minn was a great play.

Ken
Old 09-18-2005, 06:18 PM

Heh, damn.

I thought that Cinci were going to win by this kind of amount and just didn't understand the line. Maybe I've learned just a little too much to start fading myself, or maybe this was a freak result.

Either way, no more self fades this season.

Lori
Old 09-25-2005, 07:32 PM

From this week's picks....

[ QUOTE ]
49ers +6.5

This looks too good to be true, and this week I'm not fading myself. I actually had this at +1, so it's not quite as ridiculous as the Vikings self-fade last week, but I'm not doing it two weeks running.
If the same Dallas team turns up that I was watching on my TV on Monday then they won't win this by a Touchdown.
Im concerned they will come out and "win one for Texas" enough to drop this pick from first to second.

[/ QUOTE ]

.... and last week's promise ......

[ QUOTE ]
I shall not be fading myself again this season, no matter how I feel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, although I dropped it down very slightly, I'm quite happy because there were what I consider good reasons for doing so.

Very pleased with this one, even though it's just another bet when all said and done and didn't even win in the manner I expected. If this had been last week, I'd have faded myself on it for sure.

Lori