Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Car Repossessed \"by Mistake\"

Stupid ass Volvo company towed my car away yesterday and I've paid all the bills. I called the credit company and they said it was a mistake.

How do I take advantage of this situation to get something out of it? The radio isn't working currently and the ac is having some trouble. Should I say that they worked before they towed it? Am I owed money for the days that the car was absent? It was a huge inconvenience because I couldn't get to work etc...

Tears
Old 08-25-2005, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Car Repossessed \"by Mistake\"

Hell yeah they owe you something. I've never heard of this but I guess it is bound to happen to someone. How many days was it gone ? Have you got it back yet ? That's F'd up. You should down a few shots of Crown Royal and get really angry and call them and make your demands.
Old 08-25-2005, 02:57 PM

If you were behind on payments and caught up the day before they towed it, it's your fault, and take it as a lesson learned. If you were paying on time and it was a total screwup by the lender, then I would see if you can stick them for the radio and A/C repairs. I doubt that you'll get them to pay for it, but if you can, it serves them right for screwing up your life. If life were fair, they would owe you for the time you were without your car and the inconvenience they caused you. In the real world, I think you have a better chance of drawing three conseutive royal flushes than getting them to pay for this, other than by scamming them to repair the radio and A/c.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:04 PM

i am going to guess that you are being punk'd, or your ride is being pimp'd.

either way, when you get the car back, you should say you had leather and a dvd player in it.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:23 PM

If you are up on payments and they took it, charge them with GTA.

On second thought, how'd you know they took it? Why didn't you just call the cops? You must have been behind to suspect the credit company, or seen them do it?
Old 08-25-2005, 03:47 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

ask for some dealer oil changes for your inconvenience or something, don't pin non-related failures on them.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On second thought, how'd you know they took it? Why didn't you just call the cops? You must have been behind to suspect the credit company, or seen them do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question. If you were on the up and up then you should charge them for the time they had left you without a car, at whatever rate the local taxi company charges for you to get to work and back home each day the car was missing. If this will equal the cost of the radio - voila!
Old 08-25-2005, 03:51 PM

Have them charged with auto theft.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:16 PM

Start with, "I'm very, very upset and humiliated about this and have been very, very inconvenienced. What is Volvo going to do to make this right?"

See what they offer.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:23 PM

Take them to small claims court. You can recover damages for the days you were without the vehicle, the cost of alternative transportation, your time off of work, etc...etc...etc... You'd definitely win.