Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 08:10 PM

Default Re: ***STTF-HUC SIDE BETS NOW LIVE!!!***

Get me into this tourney!!!!!!!!! I don't care if i have to do a play-in game a-la the NCAA tourney!!!!! VIVA LA RED

Rojosox
Old 08-15-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: ***STTF-HUC SIDE BETS NOW LIVE!!!***

[ QUOTE ]
Get me into this tourney!!!!!!!!! I don't care if i have to do a play-in game a-la the NCAA tourney!!!!! VIVA LA RED

Rojosox

[/ QUOTE ]

im quite confident that your luckbox will not only get you into the tourney, but allow you to suckout your way to victory as well [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-15-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Added Functionality

[ QUOTE ]
So I've now got my side bets up and working. Here are the rules:

1. The site is meant to be a matching service. If you want to make a bet, post it there and if someone wants to take you up on it, they can accept it.

2. In most cases, I'm not going to be responsible for handling money. Once someone matches a bet, it is up to the two parties involved to work out money transferring details.

3. In some cases, if the two parties wish to escrow the bets with me, they can ask me and I may or may not accept the offer.

4. If you wish to make a bet that's not listed, PM me and I can add it for you.

5. There is no VIG, but donations from big winners are always welcome. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

6. Any other questions, contact me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should add to this list:

7. In case of disputes, I will act as GOD.

Also, you can now enter your email into the system and it will send you an email whenever one of your bets gets matched.

Is there any other functionality people would like to see out of this?
Old 08-16-2005, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Added Functionality

I'm assuming on gig and Rojo bets it's no play/no action, si?
Old 08-16-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this same question. Or is the intention that there attendance is part of every bet containing them?
Old 08-16-2005, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is specified at the top of the page. For bets involving a single player (such as totals or to win), that player must play at least 1 hand in the tournament.

For bets involving more than one player, each player mentioned by name must play at least one hand.

Also, it's worth making a qualification for the bet "Will the winner come from the Loser's Bracket?".

If the winner of the winner's bracket loses the first round of the championship match, he then enters the loser's bracket. Otherwise, this bet is the same as "Will the winner go undefeated?" which Apathy pointed out was also the same bet as "Will the championship match take one or two games?". I got rid of that last bet.

So if the winner of the winner's bracket loses the first game of the championship match, but then wins the second one, the winner came from the loser's bracket. So the answer is "yes".
Old 08-16-2005, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this is specified at the top of the page. For bets involving a single player (such as totals or to win), that player must play at least 1 hand in the tournament.

For bets involving more than one player, each player mentioned by name must play at least one hand.

Also, it's worth making a qualification for the bet "Will the winner come from the Loser's Bracket?".

If the winner of the winner's bracket loses the first round of the championship match, he then enters the loser's bracket. Otherwise, this bet is the same as "Will the winner go undefeated?" which Apathy pointed out was also the same bet as "Will the championship match take one or two games?". I got rid of that last bet.

So if the winner of the winner's bracket loses the first game of the championship match, but then wins the second one, the winner came from the loser's bracket. So the answer is "yes".

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is right, as the winner of the loser bracket *ends* the bracket. There is no more bracket, therefore the winner of the winners brackets never entered the loser's bracket if he loses the first match. Also, what bracket woulf the winner of the losers bracket be in if he wins the first match? The winners? The losers? Otherwiese, yes I suppose all three bets are the same essentially.

My head hurts...
Old 08-16-2005, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is right, as the winner of the loser bracket *ends* the bracket. There is no more bracket, therefore the winner of the winners brackets never entered the loser's bracket if he loses the first match. Also, what bracket woulf the winner of the losers bracket be in if he wins the first match? The winners? The losers? Otherwiese, yes I suppose all three bets are the same essentially.

My head hurts...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really a technicality. The only reason I haven't gotten rid of that bet yet is because Skipper has an unmatched bet sitting there. However, he wants 4:1 on his bet and you'd pretty much have to be a retarded monkey to take those odds. Maybe I'll kill it anyway.

--GH

Edit: I thought the loser's bracket refered to the side of the bracket opposite the winner's bracket...which would hence be everyone who had lost the game. A way to make this a more interesting bet might be to change it to "Will the eventually winner suffer a loss in the first or second round?"
Old 08-16-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A public listing of all matched bets?

A place I can view the brackets?
Old 08-16-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A public listing of all matched bets?

A place I can view the brackets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask and you shall recieve. There are about a dozen matched bets right now. I think the most intiguing of the bunch is #123. I can see both sides spending a ridiculous ammount on strippers just to win a $50 bet. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

As for a bracket, one can be found here