Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2005, 09:34 AM

Default Re: PGC next beta Release - Hand Filter

[ QUOTE ]
Alright, I think I fixed that bug. It only affected the anonymized hand histories, but since that is the whole reason for PGC, I can see how that would be a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome! That seemed to fix the problem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Thank you very much...
Old 08-15-2005, 10:40 AM

I'm using it with postgres and never get the requested number of hands imported. Ask for 5000, get 4005. 800-643, 250-214.

Thanks for adding the window resize, any chance you can save it between sessions.

The filters are great, I just used them to work out that I've won with 16 flushes from my last 146 4flush flops. I knew it was low but thats ridiculous. I know I also lost with 2 or 3 smaller flushes, filters to find made hands would be brilliant, as well as pocket pairs, sets and straights. A counter would be nice.
Old 08-15-2005, 12:55 PM

How about a standalone hand converter that takes hands via paste? Or just this functionality in PGC?
Old 08-15-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm using it with postgres and never get the requested number of hands imported. Ask for 5000, get 4005. 800-643, 250-214.

Thanks for adding the window resize, any chance you can save it between sessions.

The filters are great, I just used them to work out that I've won with 16 flushes from my last 146 4flush flops. I knew it was low but thats ridiculous. I know I also lost with 2 or 3 smaller flushes, filters to find made hands would be brilliant, as well as pocket pairs, sets and straights. A counter would be nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem. All i'm looking for is ideas for hand filters, and you just gave me a few. I'll add "pocket pairs" to pre-flop, and ill add a list of made hands to flop, turn and river.

I can't make a counter within the filter window based on the way it works, but I can make a counter in the main window that shows number of hands pre-filter and number post-filter. Is that ok?
Old 08-16-2005, 02:21 AM

Alright, new version .82:

Changes:

-Now keeps track of screen position and size when you close and open it
-You can now import histories via copy/paste using the "Text" import
-Added "Pocket Pairs" to filters and made them stay when you close and open the filters window
-Now shows a counter for filtered hands, showing you what % of hands your filter caught, and the win % for the filter. So for example, you can see that while you on average win 12% of hands, if you flop top pair you win 30% of the time, or whatever filters you choose (this needs a little testing, but I think it is good)
-It now can handle certain all-in situations to properly handle the pot size.

Features on the list for .90:

-Add in a check-raise filter
-Add in hand strength filters (IE: Flopped at least one pair but no more than three of a kind, etc)
-Fix the pot size counts for all-in situations

Any other features you guys want? I'm trying to make it as easy and fast as possibly to go through your played hands and find exactly what you are looking for to not only research your play but you easily extract them and post on the forum.

Download Links (seperate from one on first post):
.8x to .82 Updater (125kb)
Full install (2.5MB)
Old 08-16-2005, 04:37 AM

This latest release still has the bug mentioned above.

When you ask PGC to import the last 3000 hands from PT it only imports 2500. These numbers are arbitary, the important part is that PGC isnt importing the correct number of hands requested. Something isnt right...

Also, now that you have added PP, would it be possible to add flopped set or better? (set, boat, quads) I think this would be useful...
Old 08-16-2005, 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This latest release still has the bug mentioned above.

When you ask PGC to import the last 3000 hands from PT it only imports 2500. These numbers are arbitary, the important part is that PGC isnt importing the correct number of hands requested. Something isnt right...

Also, now that you have added PP, would it be possible to add flopped set or better? (set, boat, quads) I think this would be useful...

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't really a bug. After it was mentioned, I checked it out. What is happening is that PT imports hand that you were not dealt cards (sitting out, observed, other poker rooms, etc).

Since PGC has to import the hands backwards in order to properly calculate the opponents stats before that hand, PGC just goes back 3000 hands and imports them in backwards order. In order to fix the "bug", PGC would have to double import every hand, first to check to see if it is a valid hand, and second to actually import the hand. Since this would really slow things down, I decided not to implement it. However, I still can and may implement it in the next version, I just want you to be aware it is not a bug, and PGC is not missing any hands.

If you have a certain number of hands you want to check (like the last 1000 hands of 5/10 you played), then just import 1500 hands, then delete the tables that you dont want to check.

And for your other concern, hand ranks (IE flopped trips or better on the flop) is coming in the next version.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is happening is that PT imports hand that you were not dealt cards (sitting out, observed, other poker rooms, etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it be possible to import a date range from PT? This would ensure that we are getting all the hands that we desire. At the end of each day, I usually go back and analyze everything therefore its imperative to me that I have the exact range of hands rather than an approximate.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is happening is that PT imports hand that you were not dealt cards (sitting out, observed, other poker rooms, etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

Would it be possible to import a date range from PT? This would ensure that we are getting all the hands that we desire. At the end of each day, I usually go back and analyze everything therefore its imperative to me that I have the exact range of hands rather than an approximate.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a good idea, and it should be very implementable. I'll hopefully get that in .90
Old 08-16-2005, 06:25 PM

Can the *Four Flush* and *OE Straight* draw filters be changed to distinguish draws that use both hole cards from those that use only one?

Thanks.