Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 06-22-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: A suggestion: some rules for the smaller calcutta.

Also, I've revamping the database structure this weekend to accomodate accommodate the second calcutta. I'm going to set it up in such a way that could theoretically support an infinite number of calcuttas. So if we really wanted to and this one got too huge, we could run an additional small one over a very short time frame (maybe just one day). I'm not saying I'll do it, or that we should do it, but it will be possible.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I've revamping the database structure this weekend to accomodate accommodate the second calcutta. I'm going to set it up in such a way that could theoretically support an infinite number of calcuttas. So if we really wanted to and this one got too huge, we could run an additional small one over a very short time frame (maybe just one day). I'm not saying I'll do it, or that we should do it, but it will be possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we run a Calcutta on the number of Calcuttas we'll have? I'll open with a $100 bid on each number 2-6.

Irieguy
Old 06-22-2005, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we run a Calcutta on the number of Calcuttas we'll have? I'll open with a $100 bid on each number 2-6.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this calcutta count as a calcutta in the bidding for how many calcuttas will be run?
Old 06-22-2005, 04:45 AM

Are you mocking me Irie???

All I ever wanted was to have so many calcuttas that everyone in the forum wins at least one. Is that asking so much!?!
Old 06-22-2005, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Interest in Smaller Stakes Calcutta?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't believe the skipper is playing anymore [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to the SFB!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good news!!! Skipper's back in!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-22-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the point of doing this unless there is some kind of cap? It'll just become a carbon copy of the original calcutta. The only difference will be that the bidding will take up more time, since the bidding increments & the initial pool will be smaller.
Obviously someone could get screwed by running out of bids. But they would have no one to blame but themselves. Everyone would know ahead of time how many bids they could make, and people would be able to see how many bids each of the other people in the calcutta had already used. And they could plan accordingly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I think if we put a cap on the number of bids, people will be too afraid to bid early, so we may not end up getting any action until the last day.

I don't see any reason to believe that this will become a carbon copy of the original either, since I don't think the price of the lower players will reach the same price as it does for the lower players in the higher stakes one. It might happen, but I certainly don't see any reason to assume that it will.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:58 PM

I was planning on doing working on this over the weekend, but things came up...someday soon...