Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 04-06-2005, 12:03 AM

Default A new poker analysis site that i\'ve been working on

I've been working a site called pokergrader for a while, and I was wondering if any of you guys wanted to give me feedback on it.

It is found at http://www.pokergrader.com/ and currently only accepts PartyPoker/EmpirePoker Hold'em cash game hand histories (PL, NL, or any limit).

So if you want to help me out, just throw in some of your hand histories (multiple hand histories is fine as well, just keep it under 1000 hands), and look at the results page. If you see any statistics you would like to see but are missing, please tell me.

I am working on the page now to explain everything, but as a general rule, "Actual x" is whatever actually happened, and "Potential x" is what the average of whatever that statistic should be (Potential % of pots won based on opponents, Potential profit based on the strength of your hands, etc).

If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them, I am just wondering if it is a worthwhile site for people to plug their logs into. I made it for myself, but it became complex enough that I thought I'd share it with the online community and see if anybody else finds it useful.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:30 AM

Default Re: A new poker analysis site that i\'ve been working on

http://www.pokergrader.com/display.php?a=10&p=1

Here is an example output for those that don't have the right type of hand history.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:55 AM

i haven't tried it out yet but this looks cool. i'll give it a shot later.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them, I am just wondering if it is a worthwhile site for people to plug their logs into.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty nice, but it would be as sweet as a picture of nectar if you could upload an entire session, instead of just a table's worth of hand histories.

BTW, I obviously tried to do my whole session (2,600+ hands), and the thing "fatal errored" me... sorry if I messed it up or something.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them, I am just wondering if it is a worthwhile site for people to plug their logs into.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty nice, but it would be as sweet as a picture of nectar if you could upload an entire session, instead of just a table's worth of hand histories.

BTW, I obviously tried to do my whole session (2,600+ hands), and the thing "fatal errored" me... sorry if I messed it up or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

It previously had a hard limit of 1000 hands, but I just upped that to 3000, so if you try again, it may work.

However, I am guessing the error may have been that you put too much text into the hand history window (which wouldn't be your fault, just a problem with the browser), but I would need to know exactly what the error was first. So if you could just try again, and if there is an error, post here exactly what it is.

If the browser is the problem, I can update the upload method to allow you to choose a file instead of copy/pasting into the window.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It previously had a hard limit of 1000 hands, but I just upped that to 3000, so if you try again, it may work.

However, I am guessing the error may have been that you put too much text into the hand history window (which wouldn't be your fault, just a problem with the browser), but I would need to know exactly what the error was first. So if you could just try again, and if there is an error, post here exactly what it is.

If the browser is the problem, I can update the upload method to allow you to choose a file instead of copy/pasting into the window.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tried it again:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 84 bytes) in Unknown on line 0
Old 04-06-2005, 02:47 AM

Ok, I know what the problem is.

I'm going to add in an option to upload a file instead of copy/pasting into the box, which will be much easier for somebody uploading large files and it will also fix this error. Thanks for the feedback, ill post here again when I have fixed it.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:11 AM

I think that is a pretty neat program. How about a downloadable version that could handle more hands in a quicker amount of time?

Are you planning on improving on this program? Also, I'm a little confused about the potential profit graph, how does that work? Does it just look at your cards and the board cards and see if you should have won/loss if you had stayed in to the river?
Old 04-06-2005, 03:42 AM

The potential profit is what the whole program is made around. When I finish up all the technical stuff, im going to write a file that will explain everything.

But in a nutshell: The potential profit looks at your card and the board, then based on the strength of your hand and the number of opponents you are against, and the amount that was bet, determines how much you will win on average by playing that hand a certain way.

For example, if you have the nuts, then 100% of what goes in to the pot counts as potential profit. As the strength of your hand goes down, so does the amount you "earn" in potential profit. So basically, if you put your money into the pot with good hands, you will get a high potential profit, regardless of whether or not you win the pot. If you put your money into the pot with bad cards, your potential profit will negative.

The "Report Card" section of the website also uses these numbers, for example checking to see what strength of hand you raise with on the river. If you are raising with bad hands on the river, it probably isn't a good play, and the report card will mark you as such.

The main reason I created it was because after having bad runs, I wanted a little extra confidence that it really was bad cards. Pokergrader doesn't actually look at the outcome of the hand to determine anything in the report card (other than your bluffing) or anything in the potential profit graph, it is only based on how good your hand is when you put money into the pot. So as a general rule, no matter what your profit graph looks like, your potential profit graph should be a pretty linear graph going up if you are a winning poker player.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:24 AM

Well, after dropping 110BB in the last 24 hours while 4-tabling, the site gives me an A. Cold comfort, I guess.