Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2004, 04:22 PM

Default I need reviews on full tilt poker.

Any info you think would be helpful to someone interested in trying the site. sign up bonus and how easy it is to unlock, quality of customer service and support, quality of software, easiness of cashouts, etc
Old 12-11-2004, 04:54 PM

Default Re: I need reviews on full tilt poker.

Two words

IT SUCKS!
Old 12-11-2004, 05:04 PM

Two Words, Sucks bigtime

Hate the site and you will die of old age before you complete the bonuses.
Old 12-11-2004, 05:35 PM

the main flaw of full tilt poker is how slow it takes to get your bonus dollars, even at reasonable limits like 1/2 and 2/4. While the 100% match offer seems generous, you can only redeem it 10% at a time (used to be 20%), so if you deposit $100 initially, you have to earn enough points to exchange for the first $10 before they give it to you. not terrible so far, but read on.

the "points" system is where I think full tilt gets you. You earn one point for each dollar in rake your table earns when you are dealt cards in a hand. You earn partial points if the rake was less than $1, and you can earn up to 3 points for a hand if the rake is the maximum $3. Problem is, each point is only worth SIX CENTS towards redeeming your bonus. That's 16 points for each bonus dollar! Compare that to the usual 5-7 points per bonus dollar on party poker, pokerstars and pokerroom...Full Tilt bonuses are earned over twice as slow. Even mediocre bonus sites like Ultimate Bet and Absolute Poker only want 10 points per dollar. Now I understand that you can earn up to 3 points per hand on Full Tilt as opposed to a max of 1 on all the other sites, but you only get 3 if the table hits the max rake, which means that the game is very loose and aggressive in order to build the pot sizes up. So basically you are encouraged to bet like a maniac and lose more real money in the process, in hopes that you will earn your bonus dollars quicker. Hmm...Full Tilt...

I earned about $8 in bonus dollars (but still can't redeem until I hit $20) before I gave up on this turkey. Full Tilt does NOT stand well against the competition and you will see it when you log on and view the few tables that people are actually playing at. this saturday afternoon I peeked in and saw just ONE table each of 25c and 50c limit open, four $1/2, just one $2/4, and virtually nothing above $5/10. garbage in, garbage out!
Old 12-11-2004, 05:56 PM

I am trying to find good bonus sites and you mention that Absolute Poker is a mediocore bonus site? Could you recomend a better bonus site to me, apart from the cryptologic ones? Preferably one with a reload bonus.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am trying to find good bonus sites and you mention that Absolute Poker is a mediocore bonus site? Could you recomend a better bonus site to me, apart from the cryptologic ones? Preferably one with a reload bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerstars is good for reload bonuses (20% up to $100 normally) and relatively easy to unlock in ring games.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you have to go and hi-jack my thread like that? It's rude. If you have a question that is unrelated to the topic of this thread (Full Tilt Poker); make your own thread, please.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:18 PM

Ok. It won't happen again.
Old 12-11-2004, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why do you have to go and hi-jack my thread like that? It's rude. If you have a question that is unrelated to the topic of this thread (Full Tilt Poker); make your own thread, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah . . Deac, you probably shouldn't be so hard on the guy, as I'm pretty sure that this thread was dead. Or did you really need 10 more people to tell you that the site sucks ??

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] busguy
Old 12-11-2004, 08:17 PM

I wasn't trying to come off like a dick. I figured he just didn't know any better. But you're right this thread was dead. I have all the info I needed on the topic. If I'm ever coming off that way again slap me in the back of the head or something. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]