Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-27-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: \"I wouldn\'t piss on you if you were on fire\"

So, at what point is the waitress just being a b*tch?

I play pub poker at the same place every week for months now. Not only have I never walked out on a tab, but twice I have paid tabs of friends who accidently walked out on their tabs. Sometimes they ask for a credit card nowadays, but mostly they never bother.

Recently, I got a new waitress, I ordered a beer, she asked for a credit card. I told her that I actually was just having one beer tonight, so didn't want to run a tab. She leaves, and comes back, with a reciept, and asks me to pay for the beer.

Note that I did not say that she brought the beer. No, she just brought the receipt and wanted me to PREPAY for my beer. I responded that this was unacceptable, and when she hands me a beer, I will be glad to hand her some money. Seriously has anyone had this one happen to them? It still concerns me to this day. The only "prepay" diner or bar I have ever been in would be "McDonalds," and I'm thinking the rules are valid in being a little different there...

Fortunately I know most of the waitresses table areas, so I simply avoid her area now.

Ray
Old 12-27-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, at what point is the waitress just doing what she is told?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP (from a bar owner's perspective)

To Tyler: (again same perspective)

The bar and the waitstaff aren’t banks – it’s not their job to loan you money or extend credit. You’ve walked out on tabs on more than one occasion. If you did this even once at my bar, regular or not, the staff would be instructed to get a credit card.

You’re lucky they don’t make you pay as you go.

It just raises my hackles when bar customers do something whiney or stupid and then try to justify it with the “but I’m a regular” excuse.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is true. As a young man who is hip, cool, and also on the down low, I'm a favorite of the bar staff and especially the door men.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I know you, but did you really mean to say this? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised it took this long for a reaction...although I suppose everyone's busy ripping TD a new one...

The dl part was just a reference to El D's pic, and the rest was over stating something to the point where I thought it would be amusing...hopefully no one took it seriously...not that there's anything wrong with that [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2005, 06:41 PM

Tyler,

I just read Yeti's post and went back to actually read your entire post. Wow. Your friend asks you to have a shot with him on his birthday and you throw a fit when the waitress puts them on your tab and tell her to put them on his bill? What a f'in bitch-ass move, man. You go to a bar to celebrate a friend's birthday and then you make him pay for shots? What a piece of [censored].
Old 12-27-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You go to a bar to celebrate a friend's birthday and then you make him pay for shots? What a piece of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo, cut the guy some slack. that 126th place paycheck is probably getting spread a little bit thin by now.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:44 PM

Tyler,

Just so my sentiments are clear to you and everyone else.

1) Yes, I understand you oh so generously bought your friend whose birthday you were celebrating one shot.

2) Yes, I still think that makes what you did a complete bitch-ass move. Who the hell makes a scene about paying for a shot for a guy on his birthday just because he already bought him one? Obviously, even with your past history at the bar, the waitress did not at first think you were such a cheapskate POS, but she clearly gave you way too much credit.

3) Yes, it actually reflects on you, not the staff, that you can't even run a tab at your local bar, and definitely not get comped shots during a birthday celebration. If you acted like less of a prick, you'd likely be treated much better.

4) Yes, I understand why you are sending your pathetic messages to me in PMs, but why don't you just man up and make your pathetic defense of your weak-ass actions here in this thread for all to see?

5) No, I don't give a [censored] that you wouldn't piss on me if I were on fire. Believe me, I would never count on a pathetic individual like you for anything. I have plenty of real friends that I can count on, which is not something you can probably really relate to.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you actually become a well-known poker player will you also become an even bigger douchebag?

[/ QUOTE ]

while tyler's post is funny b/c he's got his panties in a bunch about this jazz, he's not a douchebag. he's a good guy and i'd vouch for him for whatever that may be worth.

Barron
Old 12-28-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

5) No, I don't give a [censored] that you wouldn't piss on me if I were on fire. Believe me, I would never count on a pathetic individual like you for anything. I have plenty of real friends that I can count on, which is not something you can probably really relate to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although his OP was long and rambling, TD is a good guy and definitely not a cheapskate.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you actually become a well-known poker player will you also become an even bigger douchebag?

[/ QUOTE ]

while tyler's post is funny b/c he's got his panties in a bunch about this jazz, he's not a douchebag. he's a good guy and i'd vouch for him for whatever that may be worth.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

nice Barron...you might relate to this given some posts i've read in the past, but a similar online persona vs real life attitude definitely is at play here. I'll give TD plenty of [censored] like anyone else, but whoever takes the stuff he posts as 100% serious is missing some sarcasm and intended arrogance...
Old 12-28-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tyler,

Just so my sentiments are clear to you and everyone else.

1) Yes, I understand you oh so generously bought your friend whose birthday you were celebrating one shot.

2) Yes, I still think that makes what you did a complete bitch-ass move. Who the hell makes a scene about paying for a shot for a guy on his birthday just because he already bought him one? Obviously, even with your past history at the bar, the waitress did not at first think you were such a cheapskate POS, but she clearly gave you way too much credit.

3) Yes, it actually reflects on you, not the staff, that you can't even run a tab at your local bar, and definitely not get comped shots during a birthday celebration. If you acted like less of a prick, you'd likely be treated much better.

4) Yes, I understand why you are sending your pathetic messages to me in PMs, but why don't you just man up and make your pathetic defense of your weak-ass actions here in this thread for all to see?

[/ QUOTE ]

MM, give yaser some slack although its clear that you feel its not necessary. clearly its a dick move to have a ffriend pay for shots on his birthday. but overall, he's a good guy and not deserving of your vitriolic diatribe, imo.

Barron