Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-20-2005, 04:56 AM

Default 5/10 NL 6 max on partypoker vs. loloTRICKEDu

Hey all,

I've been playing a lot of 6 max 1K lately on pp and CONSTANTLY running into loloTRICKEDu, we've been butting heads like MAD. Thing is he LOVES to way overbet. Like go all in for $1,000 into a $200 pot (just push when checked to or push first in. I've called him once: he flopped 2 pair vs. my flopped flush. Another time someone called him and he had oesd and overcard.

How do you defend vs. this? I have no idea how frequently it's air/draw/strong and I've been watching him constantly to try to get some idea but he RARELY gets called.

What do I do?

side note: yes I've been checking strong hands to trap him, but I'm looking for more moves/ techniques vs. this kind of play.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL 6 max on partypoker vs. loloTRICKEDu

Why do you need more moves when that move is so profitable?
Old 12-22-2005, 11:07 PM

Deal with him like you would with any other LAG.

[ QUOTE ]
I've been checking strong hands to trap him

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. Just make sure you type nh whenever you fold.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you need more moves when that move is so profitable?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just seems so weak, I rather fight fire with fire.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:22 AM

Don't check strong hands. Attack like you normally would. His overbets are a combination of strong draws and good hands that he is pushing a bit harder than he should knowing that because of his table image he can get calls from weaker hands. In short, if you're thinking about calling him with your one pair type hand, you're either a small favorite or a huge dog.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:03 PM

and if you catch him say lolo I tricked you ahahahahahahahaahh.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:25 AM

raise more preflop with your premium hands. be more inclined to call an overbet all in push with a strong drawing hand like a strong flush draw. be less inclined to call an all in overbet with top pair top kicker. i assume he is making these overbets with his powerful draws and also his sets. very hard to play against someone like this who is good, because if you start calling with your draws he may start pushing with weaker made hands. maybe you should start playing like this. if i had the bankroll to do it i know i would at the 1k tables where people can fold.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
be more inclined to call an overbet all in push with a strong drawing hand like a strong flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Could you elaborate please? Do you mean that if for example the board is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] X, you should call his overbet push with Ax [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] because of the chance you might be dominating his lower club flushdraw?
Old 12-26-2005, 05:55 PM

if he is pushing a lot with his sets and flush and straight draws you will get [censored] if you are calling with single pair hands. like someone said above, you are either slightly ahead or drawing dead. If you call with your own draws, you will be able to win if neither of you hit, if he's on the straight draw or flush draw with your ace, and you will be drawing to beat his set if he does in fact have the set. so yes that is what i meant. this wasn't thought up by myself though, it comes from a few different strategy books. there is another thread on this talking about a brief section in phil gordons book where he talks about this strategy. on the 7c 8c x board, the idea is that he would push with a set, two clubs that are overcards to the board, the 9c 10c, the 5c 6c, 9 10 off suit, 5 6 offsuit. if you were to call each time with a single pair you would be in bad shape overall. but if you were to call with the nut flush draw and the 9 10 off or suited, you would be in great shape. you would be ahead every time except for the set, and you would be drawing to beat the set when he had it.