Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-20-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: OT: Maybe it\'s all Just Luck

For you, yes.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My roomate tells me everyday its all luck cause he consistently loses money with a good day here and there. He wont listen to me and try to get better at all. So you could call it all luck if your not good at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a friend who is convinced of the same. I try not to encourage him to get better. +EV for me.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:53 PM

The blue-footed one had a good response to dealing with downswings. Search for it.

There can be no doubt in my mind that humans tend to play better when they have just won then when they have just lost. This exacerbates your swings.

It would be nice to "just play your game" through the swings but I doubt if any one of us has the spock-like or data-like ability to ignore the emotional reality.

--
tjh
Old 12-20-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My roomate tells me everyday its all luck cause he consistently loses money with a good day here and there. He wont listen to me and try to get better at all. So you could call it all luck if your not good at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Substitute "friend and coworker" for roomate, and I can say the same thing. He just refuses to believe that his donkey plays aren't perfect, he won't analyze his game at all.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a friend who is convinced of the same. I try not to encourage him to get better. +EV for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like a great friend.... It's fortunate that all the great players who share advice at this site don't share your attitude.