Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Fastplay or slowplay this, and if so -- how?

UTG is a solid TAG. In over 700 hands, he's about 16/12/2. MP3 is a fish.

I think the flop and turn are interesting here, and maybe the river; I didn't expect MP3 to wake up with so much aggression, so I decided to check both streets. It was hard to figure when to reveal my strength, since I think the TAG was targeting MP3 with a big hand like AA/AK/KQ. Then again, the fish could have any junky 2 pair here, so what does TAG have? Do I give credit for KK? I can't see how TT is a logical holding for either opponent. Also, on the river do I checkraise because MP3 had the last aggression? I decided to bet out because it would suck to have it checked through. Also, if raised, do I slow down? 65s and KK have me, as does the very unlikely TT.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (23 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...
Old 12-17-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Re: Fastplay or slowplay this, and if so -- how?

I like it very much thus far and keep raising if MP3 does. If he has KK this time he has it, but I think you see 2 pair almost every time or maybe 444. You have TAG beat it sure looks like when he just calls the turn raise.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-17-2005, 07:35 PM

PREFLOP: Standard

FLOP: given your relative postion, this is a standard check IMO, the question is should you 3 bet right away or just call. I would tend to 3 bet right away, but I cant really disagree with your line.

TURN: This is very close between betting and hoping for a 3 betting opportunity, or checkraising. I think your play is fine here. Given that you checked you should 3 bet.

RIVER: I like betting better than checkraising since you dont really want to freeze the Tag out of the hand. If both the tag and the fish call when you bet, then betting makes the same amount as checkraising if you assume the tag will fold a hand like AA or AK to your checkraise, if this is the case betting has to be better since you will have the oportunity to 3 bet. If you bet this river and the Tag raises, just call and expect to see TT. If you bet this river and the Tag calls and the MP3 raises I think you should 3 bet.
Just for fun, I'll try to put these guys on a hand. I think the Tag has AK or AA, and the Fish has 44.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:41 PM

TAG has to have AA/AK and he should have folded it to your turn c/3-bet. unless he has KTs. i don't know what he's thinking if he doesn't have it.

i like betting the river because MP3 may raise again, and i really think TAG just can't fold to your bet. so this is what i foresee:

1. you bet, TAG calls, MP3 calls. you win 2.
2. you bet, TAG calls, MP3 raises, you 3-bet, TAG folds, MP3 calls or caps. you win at least 4.
3. you check, TAG checks, MP3 bets, you raise, TAG folds... you win at most 4, but often only 2.

and yeah i'm basically ignoring the slight chance MP3 has KK.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:25 PM

You play g0ot.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:35 AM

I like it. If MP3 has KK, that's how it goes. I think he'll have something you beat more often, and it looks like you have the TAG beat.