Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-14-2005, 04:48 PM

Default folding KK pf too tight?

Hey all,

Villian is a 19/4 after 270 hands and he's 1.7 AF. I'm thinking should I call pf bet and try for set and release it on any A or Q flop? I was trying to think if he would do this with AK or QQ, and I really just don't see it, maybe I'm being too tight. BTW, I'm playing an 18/6 at the time, but only putting pressure on when I'm in late position. No 5,6s raise UTG like I usually do.

10 handeed 3/6 NL on europoker (eurobet) hero and villian have $650 stacks

UTG limp, MP+1 (hero) raises to $25 with KK folded to SB who calls, UTG limp raises to $123, so it's $98, hero's plan????
Old 12-14-2005, 05:56 PM

Default Re: folding KK pf too tight?

Well your in a tough spot there in a way. Later position is good but sometimes not in this case. While it's hard to say "it's this" or "it's that" 100%, limp re-raises from tighties can be hard to deal with. And then there are times when you know 100% for sure.

Example:
10-12 days ago in 2/5 nl at Bellagio. This lady sitting to my left has already stated she's staying away from me. I'm tight n tricky. If I raise she auto mucks. If I limp she may also. Here's what happened:

She's raised the last 4 hands in a row preflop. I'm utg with KK. I limp, she makes it $35 to go, more than the standard raise from her. No callers it gets back to me, I say..."Make it $125". Before I grab my chips she says "all-in"!!....I insta muck my hand, and politely count out $125 in front of her stack. She shows me aces!

In your spot...I dunno. Probably a good laydown but I've seen tight boys do some crazy shiit online.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:15 AM

Default Re: folding KK pf too tight?

I've been thinking about it, and as I might not see AA all the time, I think I see it WAY more than 50% of the time. More like 70% of the time if I had to guess. Also, the part that is really bugging me, is about calling for set.

How many people call?

How many people push/raise?

How many people fold?