Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-14-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Donk river bet, what\'s my line?

I'm in the BB with red aces. SB is the donk in question, his numbers are 42/5/1.4 and he is the reason I'm at the table.

Folded to MP who open raises, SB calls, I 3 bet my red aces and MP caps, all call.

Flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] SB checks I bet, MP and SB both call.

Turn is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] SB checks I bet, MP folds and the SB calls.

River is the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and now the SB bets. Raise or call? If I raise and get 3 bet what's my action?
Old 12-14-2005, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Donk river bet, what\'s my line?

I think SB plays enough hands and is aggressive enough to play A-10 this way. Once MP is out he should definitely be raising the turn with a 9 or anything stronger than a naked 4. What other hands does he CC a raise with that beat you with this board? I think it's a pretty clear raise-call.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:10 PM

Yep, easy raise-calla3bet.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:21 PM

I'll raise this, I don't see how that 3 helps him (unless he has pocket 3's, wouldn't that be sick). If he bamboozled me with a nine, then I guess he earned himself another bet 'cause I payoff a 3-bet. I think you often have the best hand here though.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, easy raise-calla3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-15-2005, 12:54 AM

Default Results

I raised the river donk bet and was 3 bet by SB. I called and was shown J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and my hand is no good.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:00 AM

I think this is a tough spot. I'd be tempted to just call, but mostly because i think the guy is so likely to be on a bluff that I don't think it matters if I raise or call. But to be fair I don't raise very many rivers with one pair against the loose passive types, because I stand by the theory that these donks could have anything.