Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 05:20 PM

Default A few shorthanded 2/4 LO8 hands

Am I being too aggressive in these hands? The table has been pretty normal, a bit passive for 5 handed. In the first hand I'm not sure about the turn raise. I just picked up the nut flush draw and a gutshot, so I semibluff raised him. But I have to figure after capping PF his most likely hands are AAxx and A2xx, both of which I'm behind. So is a raise here bad?

Second hand, is raising UTG PF here too aggro, or just right? I figure I'd prefer to get this hand heads up with one of the blinds, and just limping won't accomplish that.

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Omaha/8 (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Ultimate Bet 2/4 Omaha/8 (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: A few shorthanded 2/4 LO8 hands

I dont think this raise makes any sense. I think he's going to call u down here and ur merely hopeing for a diamond and hope that he hasnt boated already. There are too many things thare are killing u right and I think this is a simple fold situation especially when he 3bets u or calls u
Old 11-30-2005, 06:09 PM

Its hard to play "too" loose or aggressive 5 handed, but I believe you did in the first hand.

Hand 1

Preflop: Fine

Flop: Umm, why exactly are you calling here? You have a backdoor flush draw on a paired board, and a backdoor nut low draw. I dont think thats worth contuining on in this one.

Turn: Why are you raising here? You have nothing but the nut flush draw and an inside straight draw on a paired board. I think is an awful play.

Hand 2 looks fine.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:25 PM

I hate the turn raise. I'd fold here to the bet, actually. I think you get called down way too often, so this is bascially just spewing.

The secondhand is correct.

Tex
Old 12-01-2005, 09:17 PM

Hand 1.
Pre-flop:Your hand is not worth a 3-bet.To raise out of position,SB should have something like a suited A2,another wheel card,&amp; another good card,like A,K,or a 3rd wheel card.In comparison,your A-3suited along with a couple of rags is a real stinker.\
Flop:Hey!You might be able to back-door a low &amp; get a quarter of this pot. Fold this dog now.
Turn:One of his cards is probably a 2.If he also has a K,you're in for a world of hurt with your"semi-bluff".
Old 12-01-2005, 09:25 PM

1st hand - muck it on the flop, period.
2nd hand - your thinking is correct, you don't really want to play this hand multi-way.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:02 PM

I think you played the entire 1st hand too aggressively. But if you're going to play it aggressively do so on the flop. If you 3 bet preflop and then it gets capped, ok, thats fine. Now he has the momentum and will bet on the flop most of the time but theres the super scary 22 out there. So was he raising AA 45 preflop which you might push him off on the turn or does he have A2QQ and your dead? Take the aggressive stance on the flop and give it up to a 3 bet. If he calls then no biggie. You do have the runner runner draws and you may get to make them for free if he doesnt bet the turn.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So was he raising AA 45 preflop which you might push him off on the turn or does he have A2QQ and your dead? Take the aggressive stance on the flop and give it up to a 3 bet. If he calls then no biggie. You do have the runner runner draws and you may get to make them for free if he doesnt bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still dont get why you would even consider a raise here. You have nothing at this point, you dont even have a draw. You a raising, praying that (if called) you are just able to draw. I dont think you will be able to get a typical Joe Schmo 2/4 player out of the pot getting 11-1 odds.

With the aggression shown preflop, he could easily have A2xx or 23xx, and if he doesnt, he most likley still has you beat with a hand like A3KQ.