Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-08-2005, 11:58 AM

Default Re: Palace Station Las Vegas Offering Sick Bonus!

I played there yesterday. It was a madhouse. A madhouse in a retirement village. The only time you can really get a seat is right after a drawing when a few people leave. My friend put my name on the list 3 hours before I got there and I still waited an hour. Seems to be a lot of nasty Orleans players there. The computer was so slow that when anyone wanted comps it took 15 minutes. If you just wanted to log out they wrote your number down and would get to it later. At one point a lady started yelling at Ruthie the cashier (who must be VERY well connected). It was terrible. I think I'll wait to go back when it's back to it's normal quieter self.
As far as the bigger room. They added less than the size of a table to the room, added one table and now it's hard to get around the room. Very squishy. And I'm told they are taking the coffee station away. Old people not happy about that.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played there yesterday. It was a madhouse. A madhouse in a retirement village. The only time you can really get a seat is right after a drawing when a few people leave. My friend put my name on the list 3 hours before I got there and I still waited an hour. Seems to be a lot of nasty Orleans players there. The computer was so slow that when anyone wanted comps it took 15 minutes. If you just wanted to log out they wrote your number down and would get to it later. At one point a lady started yelling at Ruthie the cashier (who must be VERY well connected). It was terrible. I think I'll wait to go back when it's back to it's normal quieter self.
As far as the bigger room. They added less than the size of a table to the room, added one table and now it's hard to get around the room. Very squishy. And I'm told they are taking the coffee station away. Old people not happy about that.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I am gonna check this place out and play there this week. Look for the guy taking all your money and winning all the drawings.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:54 PM

"Look for the guy taking all your money and winning all the drawings."

I'm on my way there righ now. Taking my money will be easy (I'm drunk & stupid). Good luck on the drawings!

Best Wishes

Howard
Old 11-11-2005, 05:40 PM

It opened last thursday (11/03). Don't know about multiple shots at the bonus, though. Room was pretty crowded, though I think the other posters are being a little tough on it -- Palace Station hasn't been a poker mecca in recent history, as far as I know.