Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 10-29-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: 44 from the BB in a $555 Stars Turbo

Geez doesnt anyone here have SNGPT?

Against a typical range by a good player who will raise on the button with a minimum of all the hands they should raise with, this is a relatively simple call. Being that the buyin is $500, its a lot more likely they will be raising with the range of hands that we need to make this +EV.

For instance against the following range, which is tighter than almost anyone at the $500s would be:

22+,A2s+,A3o+,KTs+,KJo+,QJs

it's +.2 EV to call. The looser the range gets, the more +EV it is to call. Why there are 5 pages of responses without one single person attempting to plug the numbers into SNGPT, I have no idea.

Folding isn't "terrible" however, as the EV difference is at least relatively close, but I sure wouldn't fold...
Old 10-29-2005, 12:15 PM

Probably the dumbest fold ever. Tells you something about the 555's. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Pokerstars Game #2717225290: Tournament #13326420, Hold'em No Limit - Level V [75/150]
Table '13326420 1' Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: sasha086 [850 in chips]
Seat 2: sparx [2385 in chips]
Seat 3: Cbreez [2545 in chips]
Seat 4: biotechboy [1655 in chips] is sitting out
Seat 6: DC1122 [2920 in chips]
Seat 7: WittyLizard [965 in chips]
Seat 8: x-Jimmy-x [2180 in chips]
*** HOLE CARDS ***
DC1122: folds
WittyLizard: folds
x-Jimmy-x: folds
sasha086: folds
sparx1: folds
Cbreez: folds
biotechboy collected 150 from pot
biotechboy doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 150 | Rake 0
Seat 1: sasha086 folded before flop [didn't bet]
Seat 2: sparx [button] folded before flop [didn't bet]
Seat 3: Cbreez [small blind] folded before flop [didn't bet]
Seat 4: biotechboy [big blind] collected 150
Seat 6: DC1122 folded before flop [didn't bet]
Seat 7: WittyLizard folded before flop [didn't bet]
Seat 8: x-Jimmy-x folded before flop [didn't bet]
Old 10-29-2005, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will comment on what ended up transpiring at the table after this hand in a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I've been waiting for a week now with bated breath to find out what transpired in this hand. And don't give me any crap about "I spent two days with big bootied scrippas shakin' it and me - I need time to recover."

Let's hear it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I barely remember.

Okay, I folded but felt it was quite close. The main reason I folded was to take advantage of the disconectees.

Unfortunately I never got the chance as everyone and their mother started pushing from EP before me and I had such notable hands as 83o, Q5o, 45s, and many other diamonds in the rough. So basically the next time it got to me since the table was moving so slowly we were already in ridiculous blinds and I pushed UTG with some crap and got called by some dominating crap.

So as it turned out this was a very key hand. When I folded I believe I even IMed bones saying 'Calling here is likely what I should normally do in a 555, but I'm gonna try to pwn the disconnect weirdness.'

The good news is that I was $555 poorer after all of this went down. Unfortunately my noose broke again after 5 seconds of almost pure hanging from the ceiling bliss....[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

Yugoslav
Old 10-29-2005, 03:59 PM

as curtains says.. ev wise its a relatively clear call. however.. if most of the table is in and out.. it might be more +ev to fold and keep shovebotting if a lot of ppl are having trouble seeing hands. so yea yugo im beating around the bush like everyone else. holla
Old 10-29-2005, 07:21 PM

Okay if everyone is sitting out then whatever, but was that really the case? If the entire internet really is screwed, to the extent that half the table is being forced to sit out, then Im sure you could just get a refund. Pokerstars wouldn't allow a tournament to continue with such massive internet connectivity problems.
Old 10-29-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay if everyone is sitting out then whatever, but was that really the case? If the entire internet really is screwed, to the extent that half the table is being forced to sit out, then Im sure you could just get a refund. Pokerstars wouldn't allow a tournament to continue with such massive internet connectivity problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

No go....they said my internet was good enough during the tournament.

I wonder just how many disconnects or hands missed I would have needed for a refund.

Yugoslav
Old 10-29-2005, 10:45 PM

i got screwed out of 7 tourneys when on ultimate bet. their whole authentication server went bonkers and everybody was kicked off. i logged back in 1/2 later to find the tables a mess, only 2-3 players at each table fighting for blinds. anyways i didn't know wtf to do so i logged out. i later asked for a refund they basically said FU so i switched to stars.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Geez doesnt anyone here have SNGPT?

Against a typical range by a good player who will raise on the button with a minimum of all the hands they should raise with, this is a relatively simple call. Being that the buyin is $500, its a lot more likely they will be raising with the range of hands that we need to make this +EV.

For instance against the following range, which is tighter than almost anyone at the $500s would be:

22+,A2s+,A3o+,KTs+,KJo+,QJs

it's +.2 EV to call. The looser the range gets, the more +EV it is to call. Why there are 5 pages of responses without one single person attempting to plug the numbers into SNGPT, I have no idea.

Folding isn't "terrible" however, as the EV difference is at least relatively close, but I sure wouldn't fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

I am still new to ICM theory, but have a question about your selection of hand ranges. I notice for unsuited aces you have A3 or better as the range. My gut would say anyone who pushes A3 would push A2.

Any specific reason to exclude A2?

Thanks,

KennyBanya