Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 07:04 AM

Default live 5-10 -9 handed Am I a fish??????

The only game that compares to this live game would be the 5-10 Play Money game on party poker. Every player at the table is new and BAD with the exception of one player who is also bad but compared to the rest plays OK post flop. MP1 is LAG I have called him down at least 3 times in the past with ace high, 90% sure I was winning, and been right every time. Button is also loose, but more passive then MP1 (meaning he will not bet and raise with high cards, but will do so with 1 pair)

UTG folds, I have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in UTG +1, I raise, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, C/O calls, Button calls, SB calls, and BB calls. (14 SB)

Flop is J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]-8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]-8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I check, UTG+2 checks, MP1 bets, C/0 folds, button Raises, SB folds, BB folds, I 3bet, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, button calls. (12.5 BB)

Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I check, MP1 checks, button bets, I call, MP1 calls. (15.5 BB)

river is T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I check, MP1 checks, Button bets, I raise, MP1 calls, button calls. MP1 shows J9, button shows J9 (21.5 BB)

The reason I check raised the flop is to find out if I was vs an 8, either of the players in the pot could have had an 8, but once the just called, I knew neither of them had one. I put both of them on a jack, Though MP could have had a staight draw, but even though I had not played with the button before i know he would not raise with a draw so I put him on a jack. Did I overplay this hand on the flop, should I have just check/folded the flop? Also, in a loose game like this, where no one folds pre-flop should I bother to raise AQo. I realize that I won the pot but am questioning the way I played the hand. After my raise on the flop I figured I had 6 live outs, on the turn I have 10 outs but did not know 100% for sure that button did not have KJ, so I discounted my outs to 6. Would like to hear any comments.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:15 AM

Default Re: live 5-10 -9 handed Am I a fish??????

Yes.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:30 AM

Old 10-01-2005, 07:32 AM

Its always right to raise with this hand of course, On the flop: i could see c/r 1 player, but c/r 2 players seems bad, you don't even really see if you're up against an 8 or not because they'll probably just call and check raise the turn. I think you fold the flop, you not even sure if you have 6 clean outs as QJ or AJ are all possibilities, so I'd say you're good for maybe 3-4 discounted outs. Once you didn't fold the the flop, i think the turn and river is standard.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:42 AM

Thank you JT. In a normal game, I would agree with you 100%. However, the people in this particular game, are soooooooooooooo bad. They would not think to c/r the turn. They are not even considering what the other people have in their hands, they are thinking only of their 2 cards and what is on the board. I can't possibly describe this game other then how I already did its like the party poker play $$ game. Given this additional info do u still think c/r the flop is bad?
Old 10-01-2005, 07:48 AM

I'm pretty sure its bad, you're spending 3 small bets to "find out where you're at" when're most likely behind anyways, and I don't think you can count 6 full outs on this hand, and could be possibly drawing to runner runner...
Old 10-01-2005, 07:50 AM

Nice, and somewhat scary.
Old 10-01-2005, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YES!

This is what we have needed. NH!
Old 10-01-2005, 12:03 PM

check/three bet 5 players with over cards is spewing beyond any reasonable explanation.