Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 04:29 PM

Default KK Hand

Is this a standard call down? I'm thinking call the turn, raise the river (in hindsight).

Button is a bit passive, but too new to the table to get a good read on. He bought in for the minimum and was all in on the flop.

SB and I played heads up for a while. He was pretty aggressive during our heads up session.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 3 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB
Old 09-28-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: KK Hand

Um raising the river sounds like a results oriented plan. Unless SB spews uncontrollably, don't raise this river. There's a good chance he has a T and you may have counterfeited T5, but he could have the flush, paired his ace (unlikely given his preflop limp), or spiked a third 6. You're going to be three-bet by flushes and trips it sounds like, and I doubt you are prepared to fold to a 3-bet. So you open yourself to lose 2 bets when behind and win 1 when ahead. I don't think you're ahead often enough to bet here, though you're specific read might tell you otherwise.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:42 PM

I don't like a raise anywhere either unless you are prepared to fold to a 3-bet as the above poster said. There are just too many ways that you are behind here.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:34 PM

Call the river.

Seperate question: How often do people raise the turn and take the free showdown here?
Old 09-28-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call the river.

Seperate question: How often do people raise the turn and take the free showdown here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost never in this situation and without the Kc for a redraw. Reason being is that if you raise the turn and get reraised, you'd have to fold since it's very likely you are drawing slim, in which case you want to draw out as cheaply as possible. The chances of getting 3-bet on the turn are likely considering SB's actions in this hand.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost never in this situation and without the Kc for a redraw. Reason being is that if you raise the turn and get reraised, you'd have to fold since it's very likely you are drawing to 2 outs or drawing dead. The chances of getting 3-bet on the turn are likely considering SB's actions in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just gave approx. 3 very good reasons for OP to raise this turn
Old 09-28-2005, 06:39 PM

I edited my post because I mislooked the fact (just woke up and ahven't put on my contacts) that SB could have 2 pair, which obviously give Hero more than 2 outs going into t he river.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You just gave approx. 3 very good reasons for OP to raise this turn

[/ QUOTE ]

IF I'm gonna put in 2BB in the latter streets in this sizeable pot HU, I'm seeing showdown, this means check calling all the way. It would be ludicrous to advise a raise/fold on this turn, in this spot. Is this what you are suggesting?