Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 06-24-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: AA on dangerous flop...how do you play this?

[ QUOTE ]
good point, ill think about this...

[/ QUOTE ]

An additional thought:

Run this scenario out against his possible holdings a million times, and you are ahead here a hell of a lot more than you are behind. (IE- It's +EV to push.)

However, the paradox is that a STT does not go on for a million hands, or even 100. So it's a balancing act between survival and +EV situations.

My personal taste is to continue to make the +EV plays, and know that overtime, my decision will be right the majority of the time, but I can understand if someone doesn't agree with it in the confines of the SNG structure.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:09 PM

and you still have 750 chips left, not great but enough to make your moves this early in the game....blinds are still only 50
Old 06-24-2005, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think villain's play is brilliant if he suspects Hero is holding, AA which I think is fairly obvious based on pre-flop betting

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say something similar in my first post, but decided I still don't like the push if I have made trip Ks and I put my opponent on AA, because the board is scary enough to make some people muck to a push.

I have faith in my ability to stack my opponent rather than blowing them out with a push.

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't lay down AA on this flop, with this action, when DO you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right or wrong, at the levels I play at (22-55), I have never folded AA post flop. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It seems to work OK for me about 80% of the time.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you don't lay down AA on this flop, with this action, when DO you?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't at most levels vs. most opponents. That's part of the whole reason these games are beatable.

Luminous
Old 06-24-2005, 02:04 PM

Insta-call.

I like the check though, but when he dumps his stack that is a sign of weakness IMO and you gotta jump on it.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:08 PM

I've folded AA post flop quite recently - flop was 3 clubs, I bet and was called; turn was another club... Opponent goes all in, and I muck. Anytime there are 9 cards which would have me drawing dead if my opponent just has 1 of them, seems much scarier than a pair on the board.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:37 PM

I can see a "stack dump" being a sign of weakness in other situations but remember, foe OPENED preflop...this is a messy flop for him too and probably wants to push out anyone chasing a flush. Hero reraised preflop, that screams AA or KK so the push may be him trying to prevent our hero from catching another ace too