Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 04-20-2005, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Saitek Eclipse

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the small enter key, but I love the backlighting! That's really nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

The enter key is standard.

Some keyboards have oversized enter keys, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

That smallish enter key has become standard since they started adding on more and more crap buttons onto keyboards. A big fat L-shaped enter key was made popular by IBM on its typewriters and was easy to find on keyboards until a few years ago. Most typists I've talked to like it a lot better. It's getting more and more aggravating trying to find it, though.

What's even more aggravating is when they make the shift keys the same size as regular keys. That's brutal.
Old 04-20-2005, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the purpose of a keyboard that lights up??? dont tell me you guys cant find the right keys in the dark.... looks like its time for mavis beacon... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

Extremely handy for games.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whats the purpose of a keyboard that lights up??? dont tell me you guys cant find the right keys in the dark.... looks like its time for mavis beacon... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi!

Did you read my post?
I already mentioned the lights were just a bonus.

I type at ~60 WPM
Old 04-20-2005, 11:30 PM

I'd love it if they made it in a split natural format, and included a number pad. As it is, its kinda meh.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:33 PM

These are probably too geeky for poker players but I've used them for years, I love them. No keypad for granny tho. The "professional" ones are the only keyboards I've found that feel remotely close to a Sun type4 keyboard. The lite ones are still quality but feel more like a good laptop keyboard. The control key is in the correct place so they tend to drive pc users nuts.

Happy Hacking Keyboards
Old 04-20-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd love it if they made it in a split natural format, and included a number pad. As it is, its kinda meh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, then you would just need it to be natural, because it has a number pad.

Also, the split natural format is only available in non-standard POS keyboards most of the time.

I can see how it would be 'meh' to someone who likes those kinds of keyboards, but I'll take a 'meh' standard keyboard with no excess any day.
Old 04-20-2005, 11:37 PM

Haha, yeah I was looking at the green one posted farther down for some reason. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I find natural keyboards are getting rarer these days. I guess people didn't really like them, but once you get used to one I find it a lot easier to type for longer, and I actually type faster with one now than I did with a standard KB.

For gaming I only use the left side of the keyboard anyway, so it doesn't interfere with anything that way.

Anyone seen that modular "gamer" keyboard? I forget who makes it offhand.

I agree the Saitek one looks nice, and the price is right.
Old 04-21-2005, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

cubs

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, it's time... although I own it, I never learned it. Gotta see the keys man!

Just call me indexfingertyper boy