Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Party vs. Crypto

A week ago I made my first deposit to party poker. My plan was to clear my $150 bonus and get back to the crypto sites after that. Well, my bonus clearing experience was a horrible one. When it was cleared after 1440 hands of 1/2 full ring I was down about 70 BB. To me it seemed that the party tables was much more aggreive than the crypto ones. I guess I wasn't able to adapt to that.

Anyway, does anyone else here feel the same way? Do you play differently on party compared to crypto?

:.:: brasse
Old 01-08-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Party vs. Crypto

Do yourself a favor and get Small Stakes Hold'em by Ed Miller.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:57 PM

Believe it or not, but I already have that one.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:10 PM

Yikes!

That aggressiveness your experiencing on Party... I have a different word for it. Stupid. They go too far with their hands, you value bet them like crazy.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yikes!

That aggressiveness your experiencing on Party... I have a different word for it. Stupid. They go too far with their hands, you value bet them like crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you see that sort of stuff much at 1/2 full? I see it at .5/1, and 1/2 6 max, but Party 1/2 full often seems like a rock garden to me. Worse still, a TAG garden with maybe a LAG or two thrown in. (If all the 6 max tables are full, I'm assuming...)

If you *are* seeing that, then you should share table selection tips. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-Brian
Old 01-09-2005, 10:36 AM

I've never played a crypto sight so I can't compare. But I will tell you that Party at the 1/2 level is a different animal than a lot of other low limit games. I'm one of many people here that have beaten 2/4 for more BB per 100 hands then I did at the 1/2 level.

Both games are easily beatable, but there is less easy money being put into pots at 1/2, especially during non peak hours. It takes adjusting too. In anyevent, I wouldn't abandon party if I were you. Alot of the other levels are very profitable. And 1/2 can be a great learning experience.
Old 01-09-2005, 10:41 AM

1/2 full at party is good to teach table and seat selection. but the games are just as soft if you find the right place to sit. At 0.5/1 you can get on the main waiting list, sit down and rarely need to get up. At 1/2 you need to find a good position on a good table. They exist, you just have to find them. This is the same for any level other than .5/1 at Party. Once you get good table selection down at Party 1/2, picking good 2/4 or 3/6 tables is a lot easier.

Vern