Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2004, 09:22 AM

Default Anyone play these cowboys differently?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

Final Pot: 13.50 BB
Old 12-06-2004, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Anyone play these cowboys differently?

Any reads on these villains? If they are usually passive, you can let this hand go when it comes two to you on the flop. You're only behind to TT (which passive players don't raise, and certainly don't 3-bet from the blinds) and AA. I can't see two passive players hitting a flop this hard without one having AA.

Without the read, though, I 3-bet the flop. There is a good chance you have the best hand. I don't like calling at all, especially with the very real risk of a raise behind you. These guys like their cards very much, and you could be facing two to three bets on each street to call this down unimproved.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:55 AM

If it was checked to me on the river I would bet.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:14 AM

Both villains seemed kind of decent. I had only been at the table for about 3 orbits and never seen anything out of line. Mostly preflop folds
Old 12-06-2004, 11:04 AM

I'd ram this pot on every street. If you get reraised on the river call. This is a great board for your hand. Any solid player with AK, QQ or JJ would likely play the same as your opponents. If they have AA or TT take your medicine. Gamble, since you have a two players padding the pot you only need to win slightly more than 1/3 of the time for this to be +EV!
Old 12-06-2004, 11:22 AM

I think you are narrowing the opponents cards down to much. The Hero raise looks like a steal raise and the blinds could re-raise with pretty much any pocket pair, so you could be up against 33 or 88 as well as something like AJo... In these cases even pretty passive players get aggressive. I would 3-bet the flop and cool down if the flop gets capped and I'm led into at the turn. If both players continues the aggression at the turn I would consider folding.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:04 PM

I think you have a 3-bet on the flop at the very least, and maybe you can think about calling down if capped although a turn raise might be tempting. You raised from the CO so obviously you were on a "steal."
And since it was checked to you on the river, god, bet.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:02 AM

Default Re: Results

I found it difficult to play this hand. Some of you have suggested a flop raise and I think that is good advice. But what if the flop gets capped and I,m lead into on the turn again? With all the action preflop and on the flop, either TT or AA can be ruled out.

Anyway......SB bet the river, BB called, I called
SB showed QQ, BB showed JJ and MHIG [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]