Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2004, 11:17 AM

Default bet for value here? also did I have pot odds to call?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (7 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB
Old 11-04-2004, 11:21 AM

Default Re: bet for value here? also did I have pot odds to call?

raise the flop, you probably would have seen the turn for free (if not call), and definitely bet the river.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:21 AM

You have the nut straight. Bet it.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:29 AM

1. Raise this pre flop. QJs is a good hand, and if somebody wants to come along with A-rag, they should have to pay for it.

2. Raise on the flop. You have OESD to the nuts with two overcards. Again, if there's a lonely A out there, you can't let him draw cheaply.

3. The turn call is fine, and the river check is fine too.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:30 AM

I don't mean to be rude, but what the hell are you doing? Why would you call the turn bet if you aren't going to be the river when you hit your out? Don't you think if someone had a flush they would have bet it? Sooooo weak
Old 11-04-2004, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2. Raise on the flop. You have OESD to the nuts with two overcards. Again, if there's a lonely A out there, you can't let him draw cheaply.

3. The turn call is fine, and the river check is fine too.

[/ QUOTE ]

2. The "lone-A" isn't drawing, his Ace high has your QJ crushed right now

3. Are you serious? How do you make money when you don't bet when you make your draw? Do you not realize he made a straight on the river? How could you check here?
Old 11-04-2004, 11:35 AM

exactly my point....I hit one of my outs that made a flush possible....do I bet and fear a check raise and pay off the flush or do I just check...

In hindsight, I totally agree with the pre-flop raise. Still debating the flop raise in my mind
Old 11-04-2004, 11:39 AM

Flop raise would be borderline, but I could get on board with it if it'll give you a free card. Turn is standard, and for the love of god, BET THE RIVER. Pay off a checkraise.

Rob
Old 11-04-2004, 11:39 AM

I am a bit new to posting here so please feel free to correct my analasys on this hand.

The way I figure it you have 6 sure outs to make your straight; any 8 or K that is not a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. You also also have some partial outs to top pair; any J or Q that is not a [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I would count these as 2 outs in total. The odds to call on the flop or the turn would then have to be approximately 1-4.5. On the flop you got 1-6 and on the turn 1-5 so calling seems fine to me.

However, having said all this about your outs not containging any [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], I would still bet the river hoping that noone had made the flush.

Feel free to comment on this as I am also trying to learn how to beat this frustrating game! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2004, 11:41 AM

There isn't much to debate about the flop raise. It is a clear value raise. There is also a good chance it will buy you a free card on the turn.

As for the river if you check through a strong hand every time a 3rd flush card falls you are going to be leaving a lot of bets on the table.