Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-04-2005, 12:53 AM

Default AJs on Button

Is there a working Prima hand converter? I found this thread
but the converter doesn't seem to work right now. Playing on Bet365 if that makes a difference.

Prima $1/$2 Limit.

This was first or second orbit on the table but I've played with the villian before. His stats are 19/7.5/1.8 over about 150 hands.

Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

PF: 5 folds, CO raises $2, Hero calls, 2 folds

Flop: (4.5SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

CO bets, Hero raised, CO 3-bet, Hero capped, CO called

Turn: (6.25BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

CO bet, Hero raised, CO called

River: (10.25BB) 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

CO checked, Hero bet, CO called

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
Old 12-04-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Re: AJs on Button

I ain't cold calling preflop w/ AJo. 3-bet if you strongly suspect a steal, otherwise muck.

I think you were way too aggro on the flop as well. Call down after the 3-bet.

Edit: oh wait, AJs. Ok I feel better about a 3-bet here.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I ain't cold calling preflop w/ AJo. 3-bet if you strongly suspect a steal, otherwise muck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I had paid $15 to learn this. It is considered weak to just call an open raiser in the CO when you are on the Btn. It's a raise or fold situation.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:11 AM

3bet this against the CO Open Raise, if he plays this aggressively after such a preflop play, you'll have to slow down much sooner.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:40 AM

I would 3-bet preflop to define my hand aswell as his. I have a hard time seeing him 3-bet a flop with those cards if I 3-bet preflop unless he actually have a hand. Now, I am not sure if he is trying to steal it once again but his 3-bet is worrying me.

I like the line after the flop since it got him scared.

Only thing I would make different is to 3-bet preflop.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:10 PM

What do you mean define your hand? Why do you want to do that?
Old 12-04-2005, 12:15 PM

way too aggro
Old 12-04-2005, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you mean define your hand? Why do you want to do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this with weak hands too, to look stronger than I am and I give him the message "You better have something since I do" and by looking how he respond to this in betting and such, we can define his hand aswell. Was it just a steal attempt or do he really have a hand? So basically, im telling him "I have a hand and will not go down without a fight" which give me more info than if I am just calling.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:23 PM

I don't think there is going to be much difference whether you 3bet or call preflop. To me its just a matter of preference and whether you have the correct read on a steal or not. For me I just call and see a flop.

Flop: Well you got a great card and got punched in the face with a 3bet. If its a bluff its a very strong bluff. I'm calling the 3bet and calling down

Turn: As played it seems like spewing to me. You just capped him preflop and he still bets into you on the turn. Unless he is an idiot ......you should slow down here

Villians stats seems pretty straight forward so I don't think you are going to get a lot of funny business here.

[ QUOTE ]
I like the line after the flop since it got him scared.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if he's scared he probably thinking you've hit 2pair and has decided to see the showdown cheaply. The perception that he is scared still doesn't mean he has a losing hand.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:14 AM

You should 3Bet preflop because...

Your opponent is more likely to be on a steal, thus he is more likely to be raising with a broader range of hands.

You want the Blinds to fold.

You take the initiative and control of the hand which is good. You have position on the CO for the rest of the hand. If blanks fall on the flop, and your opponent checks to you, then you can steal the pot with a bet a lot of times.

Given the way you played it, I would be inclined to just call the 3Bet on the flop and go into call down mode.

The thing is that it is a fairly uncoridinated flop, so your opponent is more likely to have a hand when he 3 bets since there isn't anything really that he would semibluff with.

I think calling down then is right move. If he has a hand like TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AT or lower... you can let him bet into you with the worse hand. At the same time, if you are beat, then you don't lose as much.