Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: $11 ITM - Tricky Situation - 66

[ QUOTE ]
I agree too. You can't stop-n-go when you aren't first to act anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, yeah, I missed this somehow. Read somebody else's post instead of checking the original hand.

I now agree with the push preflop instead of stop-n-go.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A decent player has a theoretically correct call, and fish love to call and check you down in this type of situation to try to move up a place.

[/ QUOTE ]

right, but i think you can shove one of them off.

scenario A: button has a good hand and calls. in this case the SB will fold a wide range of hands and just let the big stack "deal with you".

scearnio B: button has crap. in this case he probably gives up the steal after the call by SB then the raise by you.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:04 PM

What are you scared of, Button would raise here with any two cards, and probably raise more if he actually had something. SB represents more with his call (but if he knows Button raises with anything, he could play any ace, two cards 10+ or any such marginal holding).

Just push, you probably have the best hand, waiting for a flop that might hit their probable overcards is bad.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
By running a stop and go here, you risk letting someone hit something that could beat you that they might have folded to a push. Like Q7s and the flop comes 10,7,3, for example. A good looking flop for you, that has you now crushed. He would have folded your push, but you let him see it cheap and he hit. If he calls your push and hits, more power to him. But with 66, I would be content to push here and try to take down the pot right now. Someone with an ace, or over cards will probably call your push pre-flop anyway, but you want to the pot to be heads if you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

You might want to double-check the stacks and pot. You have very little chance of "taking down the pot now."

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but stranger things have happened.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:26 PM

This is a pretty easy decision. Here's how I read it. Bigstack is attempting to steal the blinds as cheaply as possible. SB has a very pretty drawing hand, but is too chickensh!t to move allin, and you have a made hand. Push, who cares about FE, you want to get called. With so much in dead chips in the middle, this is a great spot to battle and go for first.

Edit: By the way, there is a small element of the squeeze play here (except you have a decent hand). Frankly, I think I'd rather be called, but if you fold the other two, then so be it.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:40 PM

Push. You are likely to be called by one, but not both of them. Considering you have 6bb right now (with 1bb in the blind) and there's 1k chips in the pot, this is really a no brainer. I suspect button will call, but even if he does, his range can be 44+,A8o+,A5s+,KJs+. This is way tighter than it really will be.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I think I'd rather be called, but if you fold the other two, then so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

A note on set value: Even if our stack was big enough to play for set value, we're only getting 3.5:1 odds for the call, not 5:1. If my opponents tend to pay off sets regularly I would need about 4.5:1 to make this call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ignore this note. I just realized that I missed the SB's call in my pot odds calculation.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I suspect button will call, but even if he does, his range can be 44+,A8o+,A5s+,KJs+.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your right there. I'm only playing SnGs one at a time, so I've been going alot more on reading players at the table and how to gain more chips, than by the numbers. Players here got their stacks on monsters, and were super quiet the rest of the tourney.

Most people here play by the numbers, I've just been doing it alot more by feel, so that's why I asked.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:58 AM

Dead money in the pot. Go for it.