Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 11:00 PM

Default My first challenge - getting ready for the WSOP

Mainly a lurker but I decided I would post my HU challenge and update it here to see how close to my goal I can get and also I figure if I am updatting it on here I may stay on track better. A little information on myself, I am 22 years old I have been playing poker for a livivng for a little over 3 years now, the first 2 years were really rough and a good loearning expirience. Battling with aweful money management and playing excessive blackjack depleted my roll many times, the last year has been sort of a turning point. I am still trying to kick the table games habit, but things are going much better. I bounce around a lot of sites mainly playuing NL cash games and more recently MTT's to gear up for the wsop this year. The challenge will be stars NL heads up matches, I will be playing 2 at a time unless there is a tournament I feel like playing going on. I am starting with 500 ddollars and will be playing two 50's at a time until I get to 1000 BR then head on to 200's when I reach 2000, 500's at 5000 etc. My goal is to make 50 000 between now and June 27 when I will be leaving for vegas.I will be updating each night around 12 est. My user name on stars is HALIPIMP feel free to come say hello.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: My first challenge - getting ready for the WSOP

good luck!!
Old 05-19-2005, 11:07 PM

why settle for 50 thousand?
Old 05-19-2005, 11:09 PM

My first day went very well...I played two heads up matches for most of the day and got to 1000 dollars within 5 hours and went on to the 100 heads up matches. In the 100 heads up matches things also went very smooth and I got to the 2k mark after 10 hours of play which is much much faster then expected. There was one player, Jerryforu7 who beat me in all 3 of the 100 matches I played against him he was a chrocic over better and I found him tough to play. I am going to start the 200 level for a few hours before bed hopefully ti goes as well as the rest of the day.

Goal 50k Current 2108
Old 05-19-2005, 11:28 PM

10,000% increase in 5 weeks is a tough goal. Good luck. Keep us posted.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:33 PM

If it were an easy challenge it wouldn't be much fun now owuld it?
Old 05-19-2005, 11:53 PM

Not at all, but let me tell you that $10,000 a week is extremely tough (I'd say very few players playing below 20/40 could keep this up), especially starting with a small bankroll. And the fact that you're playing headsup will probably make things tougher, not easier.