Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Stars 10+1, feeling stuck

[ QUOTE ]
The stop and go will also drive out hands that we dominate post flop, but the thing is that I think most of those hands fold when we push preflop, and there's no good way to extract value from them in the other circumstance, so I don't think you're missing much in that situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. So the question for me is, what is more valuable? Folding the 22-66 (maybe even 77, 88) and taking down a pretty nice pot uncontested, or the SnG which we'll stack off if we both hit and we'll be way ahead most of the time. On the other hand, at a $10 I think that some weaker A's (AJ,AT) and even KQ will think they "have overs" and call preflop anyway. I would also feel sick when the K9s resteal outflops me. Nevertheless, your point is good and while I still prefer a push I think that you've illustrated that SnG is a great option as well.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:02 PM

Bumping this for the nighttime crowd; I'm curious how general the preference for pushing vs. calling is.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bumping this for the nighttime crowd; I'm curious how general the preference for pushing vs. calling is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I'm curious too since this doesn't seem as clear cut as I first thought. I can see the benefits of doing both and I'm wondering if I'm there's a big drawback to either one.