Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: 5-5 No Limit Deep stack hand

[ QUOTE ]
marlow plz stop posting...
this is an intersting hand and your analysis is sucking up this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

God, you really are the biggest jerk on 2+2 aren't you? If you have something constructive to add, then I suggest you do that. Otherwise, us lowly mid-limit players are here to learn and will continue to do whatever it is we feel we need to do so. So if you don't like my questions and comments, I suggest you either a) set your preferences so that you are ignoring my posts; b) offer some kind of actual ANALYSIS for once; or c) find another [censored] hobby.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:04 PM

Default Re: 5-5 No Limit Deep stack hand

I definitely don't like pushing. I don't know what some of you guys are saying as far as "charging the flush draw"--a naked flush draw isn't going to call a push, and any draw that will call your push has odds anyway (straight/flush draw). I think a straight is very likely (97) due to the flop action. This looks like a call for sure. The river is going to be very tough without a board pair. Call, spike the case T, and stack him.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:46 PM

Default Results

I think I may have overthought this hand (or I just need to trust my instincts more) because I felt that he had a straight (probably with 9-7), but I couldn't shake the feeling that he could easily play an underset or two pair the same way, and that there were many more possible combinations for those hands than suited 9-7's or 7-5's. I was not really afraid of a flush draw at this point, unless it was with an already made straight, because I didn't think he would make that play without at least two pair made.

I pushed on two notions:
1) that he would pay off with undersets and maybe two pair, and that I had better outs against a straight than he would against my set
2) i was committed to getting all my money in, so I might as well make sure that no river card could kill the action.

Anyway, he instacalled and flipped over 9-7, and the river came the fourth 10.