Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Random Thought re: \"Collateral\"(Spoilers)

I really like this movie.

But...does it seem like Vincent really isn't a very intelligent hitman? Doesn't it seem like he takes many unnecessary risks and acts generally unprofessionally? Doesn't it seem like he would be more interested in keeping a low profile? I mean...seriously...especially with the guy in the technoclub...is it really a good idea to kill someone in a highly public place with a non-suppressed handgun, where there are hundreds of eyewitnesses, then kill many other bodyguards AND an LAPD detective?

I mean...at least invest in a suppressor...and we know he already has one from the jazzbar...so why not keep it on? Am I missing something? Doesn't it seem like a loud Desert Eagle(or whatever it was) is not exactly a model of stealth killing?
Old 11-03-2005, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Random Thought re: \"Collateral\"(Spoilers)

Doesn't it seem like it would've been easier to just kill the cabbie and steal a car or drive the cab himself?
Old 11-03-2005, 03:39 PM

The movie works so much better if you turn it off when the cab flips over and you make up your own ending.

The ending is way to cheesy for this movie and I have a feeling the "Disney" producers wouldn't let Mann do the ending how he wanted.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:44 PM

I think it's a SIG Sauer he uses. Anyway, at the point you are talking about he's running pretty late. It's pretty obvious there is no concern about making the killings look like something other than murder so he's not worried about that. Also, Vincent doesn't know there are cops at the club until he gets there and the shooting starts. At that time he's assuming some body guards and a bunch of clubbers, which he obviously can handle w/o a sweat.

As far as Jake's comment, I agree that this is a bit of a plot hole, 'cause it's not like most people would honestly believe that Foxx's character would go on some random murder spree and then kill himself.

Finally, I agree that the ending is a bit sell-outish. I wish Vincent wouldn't have died in a shootout, it's giving Foxx's character way too much credit.

Swede
Old 11-03-2005, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesn't it seem like it would've been easier to just kill the cabbie and steal a car or drive the cab himself?

[/ QUOTE ]

cruise's character doesnt know his way around the city. cruise is on a tight time schedule and doesnt need to spend time reading a map and getting lost. and he doesnt intend to let foxx know about the murders and if at the end of the night he will kill him anyway.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cruise's character doesnt know his way around the city. cruise is on a tight time schedule and doesnt need to spend time reading a map and getting lost. and he doesnt intend to let foxx know about the murders and if at the end of the night he will kill him anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting a map at the damn gas station or directions from Yahho would have been much faster than all the extra time he spent dealing with the cabbie.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, I agree that the ending is a bit sell-outish. I wish Vincent wouldn't have died in a shootout, it's giving Foxx's character way too much credit.

[/ QUOTE ]
This killed what to me was an otherwise very good movie. Cruise can waste tons of bodyguards and cops but can't kill one taxi driver and his girlfriend? Have Cruise blow away Foxx and the chick with two shots and then get away scott free and the movie rocks. FWIW, movies like The Professional and The Replacement Killers are much more satisfying, IMO.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:34 PM

Those are only a few of the reasons I did not like this crapfest of a movie.